Monday, December 6, 2010

Playing With Dollies...

Design Dollies that is!!!  I am thrilled to be Guest Designer this month!  The first challenge is up and it is a colour challenge!  The colours are, celery green, sky blue, red and white.  I love a colour challenge because it makes me go through the stash and unleash some forgotten treasure.  It gets me mixing things that I would never have thought of mixing, without the challenge!  Here is my take.


I wanted to use white as my background so it really let the other colours pop.  I also find that I tend to use B&W photos in colour challenges.  It allows the colours to shine as well as the fact that it is not always easy to find a photo to match every colour palette.  I will forever be a B&W photo fan!!  They are a timeless and classic look!

I created my own sketch to use for this challenge.  I am trying to use a few more of my own sketch ideas these days.  However, having said that, I sure do love a good sketch challenge!


If you are up for a great colour challenge with a lovely palette, head on over to Design Dollies!  You just may win yourself a wonderful prize this month!!

I have to leave you with a greeting from Gus and Maggie!  Yes, more silly Santa hats!  hee hee


Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful page!!! I love color challenges too!! Love the pic of the pups!! Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe... the pups are so adorable!! love the layout!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOO how gorgeous and happy and bright and fun. I LOve that little cluster on the right....and gorgeous photos to boot

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so thrilled to hear that you're a Guest Dollie!! Welcome aboard :)

    I love your LO; you do amazing things with colour, and I have to say that Maggie looks totally adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats again on the DT spot, Jen. This fab page just proves you are perfect for the job! I love how unexpected this combo is! And your little pup is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your guest DT. Love how you show the sketch inspiration for your LO. Gus and Maggie look totally adorable in their santa hats.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...