Friday, December 17, 2010

This and That and Blah Blah Blah......


Lots to share today.  Nothing too exciting, just catching up on my scrappy world.  Susan and her family are at their new place now, unpacking.  The moving van arrived today and it must feel great for them to see all their stuff once again and start settling in.  We have had a great time together as they stayed with us waiting.  Here are some photos from the last week.

Our Christmas tree all set up and waiting for Santa.


Lady playing with her stuffies.  A major stuffy fan she is.  The other day we counted 7 that she had tucked away in her kennel.  She has her own little world going on in there.  Matt says that she is a hoarder and needs an intervention on that show!  LOL


My handsome nephew, Matthew.  Such a sweet fellow who I love to share tea and a sweet with!


Me teaching Susan how to knit mittens.  She completed her pair in about one day and was a very easy student!  We actually knit our own pair but at the same time.  It was so easy to be able to show each step as we went along.   A fun project for a chilly Alberta weekend and what a feeling of accomplishment to know that you never have to buy store bought mittens again! :)



Now onto some scrappy stuff!  Yesterday, I had some more fun playing with my Pink Paislee "Father Christmas" line.  Sweet Mo snoozing on the sofa!  I am loving the trading cards of Santa in this line.  The vintage bingo marker and Graphic 45 chipboard buttons seemed  to be the perfect embellishment for this vintage feel.  Just a simple linear design using no sketch.  Just shifting things around the page until they looked good. ;)


Today I finally scrapped a photo of "Lady"!  Diane says that she looks like a "Joan" so she is sometimes referred to as such!  hee hee


I LOVE this Fancy Pants line called "Happy Together"  I'm usually more of an earth tone palette scrapper but.... lately I just can't get enough of the colour blue!  Maybe it is the time of year and the winter skies that are putting me in this "blue mood".  LOL When I saw the "you {plus} me {equals} happy", I knew I wanted to scrap this photo.

I used this week's sketch at The Scrappiest.  This sketch is soooo original.  I love it when I find a sketch that is just so different from the norm.  Loved the laced up look and divided background!  Liz is such a talented sketch designer!!


Lastly, I have set up a bit of a scrapping challenge for myself for 2011.  I figure it is good to have goals and hope that this goes better than last year's Project 365 which I quit at week 27. :(

I finally found myself a copy of this pure numminess!!!!


I have decided to do one challenge a week.  I will not go in order but I figure I can mix up the scrappy vibe by adding these challenges to whatever sketch or LO I am working on.  Elizabeth's work is amazing and I love looking at her family photos!!!  You can check out her blog here for some amazing inspiration and just good reading too!!!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

6 comments:

  1. love that book and her blog! She is so inspiring!!! I think you have a great idea... one challenge a day... I think I will make that my new years res!!!
    Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola! I love those pictures of you and Susan... now I want to see a picture of the final product.
    Love, love, love your pages. I am off the check out that book with challenges, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layouts!! I love how you used a christmas paper line and scrapped about your kitty... such a fun idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooo ! lots of great pics & stories here , hun ! Hello to Susan too ! ooooo you blessed peeps ! knitting your own mittens together ! fun x 3 !

    & I loooove that sketch by the Scrappiest this week ! super take on it as always !!!

    here's to more merry scrappy challenges indeed for 2011 !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab post, Jen! I love it all! I can't wait to follow along with your challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your take on the sketch!! The color pallete is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...