Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First Challenge and Lots of LO's!

Yesterday was a totally scrappy day!  I had so much fun creating 4 LO's.  Quite the accomplishment but, not really when you consider that all I did from 1 p.m until 10 p.m was scrap!  Well, I did stop to eat..... quickly.

I did my first Week #1 Challenge from this totally fun book!


Challenge #17: Tilt your design on an angle.   This is a bit of a challenge for me because I tend to like things more linear and not so much "willy nilly".  I found this sketch from Pencillines and felt that the tilt in such a focal point of the sketch would suffice!   I guess with any challenge we have to put a spin on it to where we will have the result that we like in our album.


Here is the LO.  I used the loud stripped paper to draw the eye to the tilt.  This MME line just makes me smile.  One more LO for this little guy's album.


If anyone plans on taking any of these weekly challenges please send me the link to your creation, in a comment, as I would LOVE to see your take!  :)

My next LO is based on Sketch #201 from Sketch Inspiration.


This is my favourite Christmas picture of 2010.  Kind of sad that it is of Mo but let's face it, he is an adorable subject.  He had everyone in awe when he decided to pose so sweetly under the tree right after Christmas dinner.  I finally cut into my BG "Jovial".  Just loving the warmth of these papers.


The next sketch I worked with was #137 from Creative Scrappers.  Aphra designed this one.


I used some of last year's fun line "Joy Ride"  from Collage Press.  I love this Retro 60's vibe.  I found lots in the sale bin after Christmas last year and was able to replenish my leftover scrap supply of the line that I had on hand.  I used the boarder strip sheet as a larger piece of paper here and like the look of it.  I have seen people use a full border strip sheet as a background sheet too and it actually can look surprisingly good.


It was fun to replace the circular element with the large arrow.  Not many of those left in the stash.  I hope they come back in style again!  I love the look of them.

My last LO was done using this week's sketch at The Scrappiest.  I just love that cloud!


Used more of the CP papers for this.  Love this photo of my friend's little one!  Rob took it just before Christmas.  It was a bit blurry so I  played around with contrast and found that it looked best in B&W.  Although it is not the perfect photo, it is too cute not to scrap.


Well, I am off to scrap again.  That "Jovial" line is calling my name!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

10 comments:

  1. oh my ! you sure got a lot of scrapping done , grrl ! more than well done I say ! woot ! hard to pick a fave ! they are all fantastic ! wonderful choice of lines !

    so inspiring every take ! & to tackle some of the latest challenges too ! hope i have time to do even one of them !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! What is that, 9 hours straight? Way to go, lady!! I adore all of these! The photos are awesome - and I LOVE the way you created elongated cross-stitches over your border-strip. Love! I'm going to have to try that!! :) And yet - I love SNL! Stephan cracks me up (especially when he starts laughing!!), and I nearly wet myself everytime Jason Sudekis does the "running man" on What Up With That!! LOL I giggle just thinking about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on all the layouts - I am so inspired by all your special, little embellies that you make/find - they make each picture special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.... they are ALL gorgeous!!!!!! Love all your details and embellishments. And the pictures are great too!You have been a busy bee......... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. goodness you did have a busy day, I cant pick my fav but I think its the first one that gorgeous photo and your elements are jsut PERFECT!! cant wait to see more fab work Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow - talk about mojo! Great creations!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my!!! You've had a busy day!!! Love all of your layouts but of course my fav is the last one, your take on Liz' sketch!! That photo is soooo cute and I absolutely love CP line you used. Thanks for joining us at The Scrappiest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. interesting twist on the Pencil Lines sketch to flip the entire sketch. Love your take on it.

    Sasha Holloway

    ReplyDelete
  9. what gorgeous LOs love the big arrow you used in the Creative scrapers one - great idea

    Sounds like a FUN day

    My Blog is now HERE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for playing along at The scrappiest! Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...