Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Kits and Palettes

I have my first LO to share using my counterfeit kit.  I have to say that I am loving this whole Counterfeit Kit Challenge!!  When I first put the kit together and admired it, I got that same rush that I would get when a kit arrived in the mail.  I also got that crazy tangent feeling of wanting to scrap until I finished every last scrap of it!  Yes I am a crazy scrapper!! I find that when I scrap with a kit it encourages me to look at product in a different and more creative way.  I don't just do the same old thing.

Here I am with one of my favourite little guys!  This little sweetie and Thomas are my faves. :)  I have a mix of Pink Paislee, Sassafrass & Jenni Bowlin here.  I would never have thought of mixing these papers without the inspiration of the kit.


I am loving the look of that little milk bottle cap!  Susan won a kit that had some in it and she didn't like them so she passed them along to me.  I have wanted to get my hands on some of these forever.  Thanks Susan! :)

I used this sketch by Liz Qualman.

This next LO was totally inspired by this LO done by Kim.  I totally love the colour palette.  After seeing this I went to the "studio" and searched through the stash pulling everything I could in turquoise and red.  Since I am still feeling turquoise these days, I decided to have my main focus on that colour.


I was happy to finally use up some of these ubber big Pink Paislee alphas.  They only work for short words and there isn't many doubles of alphas in the package.  I used an upside down "7" for the letter "L" and fashioned an "X" into a "Y".  With a pair of scissors and sanding pad.  The awkward look works with this juvenile themed LO.

I love that quote by Mr. Rodgers and was happy to finally use it on a LO!  One more LO for this little guy's album.

Here is this week's sketch at The Scrappiest which I based the LO on.  It was such a fun sketch to work with!


So this new kit challenge site has me thinking of ways to replicate some of the trendy looks out there using what I already have!  I am totally in love with these kraft doilies by Maya Road.  I am seeing them all over the internet but not in any of the LSS's.  I will take a kraft doily over a fancy white doily any day!!!

Here is my version using a scrap of kraft and one of my stamps!!  Yay!!!  I used one of my stamps!!!  :)


I have been admiring these little beauties at the LSS for months.


 I am suddenly in love with the idea of naked chipboard.  They want about $5 for these.  I say rip off.  I just can't justify it which is even weird for me because I can pretty much justify any purchase in the scrappy world. ;)  Maybe they are considered unique because they fit the exact size of the little butterfly stickers???

Here is my version made using a thinner piece of chipboard from the back of a paper pad.  I LOVE them and have achieved that naked look I was going for!!!  Yay!!


So I am 6 days without going into any of the LSS's.  Yay me!!  ;)  I'll be back tomorrow with two more creations using my kit!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)



10 comments:

  1. Great LOs Jen! You'll be using up that stash of yours in no time if you keep this up. I love the way you converted those alphas to get the letters you needed and the wobbly look is great! The handmade embellishments are fantastic too. What a great way to get the same look and save some money! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow are you fast with the latest challenges now !!! woot ! love the way you approach designing when you work with a kit ! way to go ! especially with the frugal scrappy tips too ! I havent bought those JB butterflies yet either but forgot that they actually match the stickers !

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6 days! Maybe we need to get you one of those coins like for AA! We'll call it Scrappers Anonymous. "My name is Teri and I'm a scrapoholic". LOL! These are awesome LOs, Jen! I love the colours! What an awesome gift album that's going to be. I've been working on one for my mom of our trip to the Yukon in 2009. The thing is, even though I've been working on it a fair bit, I can't post about it because she'll see it! It's super simple, but I'm loving working on it. Yayyyyy for being back in the scrappy habit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowowowowow how cool are these layouts, i am goingto look into tha tsite, thanks for sharing, Your takes on the sketches are fab, you have add your own special touches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all AWESOME, Jen!!! I love the color palette on them. Your counterfeit kit is amazing!! You did a great job pulling that together. All the products work so well!! You want more of those numbers... I have a set!! ;) Never used them. I love the turquoise and red together.. such a great combo!! And you did an awesome job with the sketches!!! You really have a knack for layering and adding all the little bits and pieces. Very inspiring.. all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A home run on these LO Jen - love the red and turquoise - of course I am partial to that color as you know....I love the idea of making your stash into a kit - I never think my stuff goes together so it is a great way to use your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, he is adorable! and so are all your pages. Love how you cluster your embellishments and mix and match textures. You have a way of making them look amazing together. Have a warm and cozy day, I heard it's very cold up there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, wonderful layouts - wish I could embellish and layer like that! Very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey , Jenn - yes Piradee is a scrappy pal I meet quite regularly in person ! lol & we did have a nice time meeting up with Tanya from Perth in Dec !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the 'Play' layout and how much fun you're having using your stash - and all of those sketches. Awesome:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...