Monday, January 10, 2011

Looking for a Gig

Well, the snow finally stopped yesterday morning and with it came a blast of very cold weather.  No complaining here though, I've been scrapping!!  What else is there to do in January in Alberta!  I am getting a bit of cabin fever though, I must admit.  I'm sure I will be suggesting to Rob that we get out of this house tonight, when he gets home from work, if only to Starbucks for a latte.

Sketchy Thursday is looking for a guest designer for February.  They make it such a fun challenge.  They posted this sketch with the challenge of also having to use red and/ or pink, a heart and journaling, on the LO.


They will narrow it down to 5 people and then the readers get to vote on who they want to have the spot!  I thought this was such a fun way of doing this.  The designer chosen also gets a prize of scrappy goodies!  So I am in on trying out for this one!

Here is what I came up with.



I finally cut into my BG "Curio" for this picture of Lisa catching a bit of shut eye on the sofa.  I just love this photo of her.  She looks so peaceful.  I love looking at my girls' faces when they sleep because I can see the exact face of when they were little and sleeping.  :)  Back to "Curio".  This line is amazing!  I am totally loving the black inked edges of each page and the palette is so soft.  I guess I will forever be a BG girl and when they put out a vintage line like this, I'm thrilled.

I'll be back tomorrow with some more stuff I've been working on!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)  

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout. Love the colors of your patterned paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty! Good luck! I hope you get the gig!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely with the BG Curio , grrll !!! can't wait to see more !

    You definitely are a forever BG gal ! ;)

    Hope you catch your Starbucks tonite & have a walk . ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Jen! I like that BG comes out with lines with a little different flavour. This one is a little more delicate with the damask-type pattern and grungy with the dark edges. I love it! Beautiful! :) It really suits the photo well! Good luck Jen - I hope they pick you! The weather's been similar here, and I have no marking tonight (hallelujah!) so I'm hoping to get into my scrap room...

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous layout!! good luck with the gdt spot... you if you make it into the top 5 be sure to lets us know so we can vote for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page, love your colors and papers. Keep us posted so I can vote for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Jennifer - best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really really, pretty! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My this is lovely - good luck with the competition

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is GORGEOUS!! Here's to luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, a beautiful take on the sketch! Loving those layers and the vintage/dreamy feeling!
    Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a stunning page. Lovely warm colours.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel the same way about the Curio paper too. I had it for more than a month before I used it last week. Gorgeous page. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is GORGEOUS!!!! I loveeeeeeeee that photo and all the layers!!! Thanks sooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet and romantic! Thanks for joining us at Sketchy Thursdays!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...