Friday, January 14, 2011

LO's, Soup and Wooden Buttons

As mentioned yesterday, the Counterfeit kit is gone!!  Gotta love making 5 LO's out of the stash without buying one new thing!

Here is Robert and Susan.  I LOVE this photograph.  We had just gone to my favourite heritage park and then we walked on this amazingly beautiful trail that is behind the park.  We only found this because we were looking for a cache.  Geo caching really gets you discovering beauty in your own backyard.   I love the simplicity of this LO.  The design is totally inspired by Julie Bonner.  I studied about 4 different LO's of hers that she did in this style.


I just love these two main papers together.  It is so funny because they were both my least favourite in the lines they came from.  I only accidently saw them together when a scrap of the striped one sat on top of the green one.  I was walking away from my desk when I spotted it and knew it had to be the base for a LO.  This is the beauty of a kit!! :)

This silly picture makes me smile.  It is me and Susan wearing our constuction hats while viewing our condo under construction.  That hat was sooo big on me that it was more of a safety hazard that it might fall off, land on my toe and break it!  hee hee



I came across so more yummy sneaks for CHA that are on my wish list.  I have created this list to help me veer away from impulse buying.  Not sure if this will work once I am in the element of a LSS but it is worth a try. ;)

Dutch Mustard Soup made me actually groan a bit out loud as I first viewed it.  Check it out here for a better image.


Now the wooden nickel has nothing on these bad boys.  Makes me drool!!  They are from Studio Calico so they are likely very pricey but totally yummy!!

Have a wonderful Friday.  Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, you made me laugh with your title DORKS! that is sooo cute! Both pictures are awesome and both pages are fabulous!!!!! Yes, CHA is driving me crazy too. I am posting some of the new Prima tomorrow on my blog. Can't wait to get my hands on them!!!! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's amazing what you can create with old stuff you have lying around! LOL Great LOs! Since I haven't yet posted the LO I did of us wearing those silly hats maybe I'll put mine up on my blog today too. I'm loving those wooden buttons and butterflies! Wonder if Treasured Memories will stock them? There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of going down to that store since I live so close but I keep telling myself to stay away from it!! I know I'll give in one of these days - probably when my Binderie punch arrives and I'll need supplies to make a book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome LOs, Jen! So pretty! The "Dorks" title is too funny, especially because I just read Susan's post on the same photo. Since it's a balmy -40 with windchill today, I'm headed into my craft room...have an awesome day! And thanks for the sneaks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your layouts. And the "Dorks" title cracks me up. :) And thanks for showing off those wooden buttons. They are on my list, high price and all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. & oooo have you seen SC's new rub ons ????
    http://studiocalico.typepad.com/studio_calico/2011/01/rub-ons.html#comments

    Everyone's loving the clouds & words etc - & yeah ! they are gonna be painful on the wallet here - sigh ! teehee !

    You're really getting to be a the pro pattern mixer extraordinaire my dear - I spied 7 Gypsies, Pink Paislee , Sass & JB all mixed up ! oh my ! wonderful result really ! & I can see that you will rawk the Dutch Mustard line after looking at your "Dorks" layout here ... heehee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...