Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mixing it Up

Two more LO's to share today!  I am really enjoying mixing up the paper lines these days.  I find it a daunting task.  I think this is partly due to the amount of paper I have in my stash.  The key for me is to look at kit clubs for inspiration.  I have put three more "kits" together based on inspiration from these talented ladies who put these kits together.  It is working for me and really helping me to enjoy my stash!

First up a photo of me and Susan from last summer.  I have a mix of BG, Bella Blvd. and MME here.  Just love these border stickers from the Curio line.  I stitched in the top one to bring in some pink and add some dimension.


Here is the sketch I used designed by Liz Chidester.


This LO is of Susan and Robert last summer when we were geocaching.  I love the deep greens in these photos taken in a cool and shady area off a trail.  I have a mix of BG, Sassafras, Studio Calico and MME here.  Just loving this mix. It was so much fun to go through the stash looking for coordinating tags and embellishments!


Here is the sketch I used by Kristine Davidson.


Good news on the scrappy expenditure front.  I did venture into the LSS in need of kraft paper and I actually came out with just 12 sheets of kraft paper!!!  This is an amazing feat for me!!  LOL  Who knew that a person could go into the LSS and only spend $8!!  hee hee  I am having so much fun rediscovering the stash I have!  :)

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

6 comments:

  1. Yay, more great LOs made with your stash! I need to get back to finishing up my vacation album too!! I think I'm only halfway done so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have ventured into my local craft store meaning to only buy one thing many times - and shockingly - come out with much, much more. They shouldn't make them so tempting.

    You might like a new challenge blog I came across called Counterfeit Kits - all based on putting your own kits together using others as inspiration. Sounds just up your street!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duh! You've already found it - that's how I found you! In my defence...it's been a long weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ammmm totally lovin how you are using your stash and creating mazing layouts at the same time!!!!!!You are so on a roll!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's wonderful that you're kitting your way to using more of your stash !!! woot ! fab mixes of brands again on these layouts !

    You're doing great with $8 purchases - mine still come up to $20 ! at least they're no longer $200 ! woohoo ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that stitching on that top scallop sticker - the whole page comes together so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...