Thursday, January 13, 2011

More Counterfeit Creations!!

Creating with this kit has been a blast.  As with any kit I work with, I tend to add more supplies from my stash as I create.  Great to use up the stash and even better in this case, as the kit came from the stash in the first place!  I am very happy to say that I have used some paper that I have been looking at for about two years and wondering what to do with it.

So happy that I found the perfect photo to use this cool vintage title tag.  Rob was helping to assemble this little guy's new play centre.  He was just a cutie watching all the action.  I was happy to use the doily for a border effect here.


The design of this LO was inspired by this LO by Julie Bonner.  Julie didn't make an official sketch for this one but I basically just looked at the placement of her elements and pretty much duplicated it.  I used to scrap this way all the time during our pre sketch period.  I would buy scrappy magazines and then basically look at the LO's and break them back down into a sketch in my head.

Here is my little buddy enjoying some warm milk before bedtime.  What a sweetie he is.  I have to say that I felt pretty bad about breaking the grammar rule using "Two" instead of "To".  I hope you can forgive me Teri???? ;)  English teacher.... need I say more?  tee hee  He is two years old so I figure this play on words is permitted.  Yes I am a rule follower.


I used this sketch by Liz Qualman.


Well, I really should clean up the studio today as it is super scary in there.  I have been doing so much scrapping.  Not much else to do in Alberta in January.  It is pretty cold here again so it is a great excuse to stay in and play with paper. :)  The pups are enjoying my scrappy mess.  Lady is very talented at gently removing strips of paper from the garbage.  She casually walks off with them.  Maggie then takes them from her and chews them up.  Maggie also growls at Lady if Lady even looks in her direction as she chews. (Who knew that Maggie had this bossy side to her?  I think she is enjoying her higher spot in the pack.)  So anyway, then Lady just comes back in and very quietly gets yet another strip of paper from the garbage.  These crazy bird dogs sure love having a scrapping Mama who provides them with large amounts of light paper to carry around and play with.  Feels like a bird to them.  If only they could get the paper to squeak, they would feel that the "kill" was complete. LOL Needless to say, I need to vacuum!

Wishing you all a great day with some creative time in it!  I'll be back tomorrow to post my last two kit creations.  The Counterfeit Kit has been consumed!! :)

Happy Scrapping!! :)  Jen

11 comments:

  1. Love the layouts here today great embellishments everywhere. I was blog hopping looking for new friends to follow and I came across yours and really liked what I saw so I am giving you an award if you would like to go pick it up at my blog
    debbiebakk@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I love to see your little guy! he is sooo adorable! Your pages are amazing, filled witgh love and details. Thank you for sharing! Love coming to your blog. Have a blessed and fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've gone through that kit the same as if you'd bought it! Great LOs! The little guy's mom will be thrilled to have these in her album for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow wow wow !!! look how much you got out of this kit !!!! you rawk all the different brands together !!! fantabulous , grrll ! very inspiring ! Love the BG Doily border at work here - I have the same color but have been using the backside of it ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layouts! Love the kit you put together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layouts are so very beautiful! Looks like a great kit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! It's a pun, so it works!!! :) These are awesome, Jen! I'm glad you're having a great time scrapping. It's -41 with windchill here today, so it would have been a perfect scrapping day, but we're actually trying to buy a house right now, and that's been taking up a ton of time. It looks like this particular deal isn't going to go through, so we're going to keep looking...and I'm going to get back to scrapping! LOL have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. man all those layouts from the 1 kit, yo have done a fab job, I love the placement of all your gathered goodies and the sepia photo in the first one is just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you for using up your counterfeit kit!!! These are just wonderful!!! I am jealous of your uninterrupted scrap time. Mine is so chopped up with my little boy running around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely layouts. And free!! I'm certainly going to be stalking this challenge this year

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just loving your counterfeit kit LOs! Following your story of how you built your own kit (I have some of the same stuff too!). And then these awesome LOs. Just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...