Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Once Upon a Springtime


I am loving this new Graphic 45 line, "Once Upon a Springtime".  I was busy making some girly LO's with it!

First up, I finally scrapped these pictures of Diane with our friend's little sweetie!  I just love these photos and was really happy to document how Diane so enjoys the little people in our world.  I agree that they truly are the best.  I had the pleasure of having a telephone conversation with this little guy last night.  He is  2.5 now and is quite chatty.  I got the update on Santa's visit and not only did he get the police car he was hoping for but, "candy stuff" too.  LOL At the end of the conversation I said to him, "Okay, bye dear." He replied. "I love you too."  Awww,  just about melted my heart. :)


The background sheet is from the MME Life Stories line.  I was so happy to use it in this way and to actually be able to place my journaling on it too.  I was in love with these papers but never really knew how to use them.  I am sad to say that the bulk of them I flipped and used as plain kraft paper.  For shame!!! ;)

This is the sketch I used designed by Liz Qualman.

Next up is Miss Lisa.  I snapped this photo of her last December as she was studying for an exam.  She has graduated from Business Administration and is now taking her courses to get her certificate in Insurance.  She was lucky enough to do a practicum at an insurance company last spring (JLT) and they hired her on as their summer student and she still works there each morning and then attends classes in the afternoon.  This exam was for a class called "Property" and all I can say is that if I had a nickel for every time I heard Lisa say, "I hate property!",  I would be a rich woman!  hee hee  I wanted to document this because we teased her about it so much.  I love the irony of this LO.  The papers and title make you think that my journalling would read something like, "Reach for the sky and soar in all your dreams".  LOL  Yeah, I don't think so.  I never said we were a classy bunch! ;)


Here is this week's sketch from Sketch Inspiration.  It worked really well for this photo.  Hey, I even broke out the pearl flourishes on these LO's!!


Jillibean Soup just started their sneaks today.  Yes, I am a conflicted person, not to mention a tortured artist!! I shouldn't even be looking at this stuff and just keep thinking of all the amazing counterfeit kits I will be shopping for in my own scrappy room this year but...... take a look at this!!

Totally yummy in every way.  WHOO wouldn't want some "Spotted Owl Soup"???   I keep telling myself that I already am using the MME line "Fine and Dandy" so I have been there and done that but..... this colour palette just calls my name.  I will try to be strong.  

I'll be back tomorrow to show you my first creation using my counterfeit kit!

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

7 comments:

  1. Two beautiful layouts! I have the new Graphic 45 collection and have yet to use it! Read your post the other day of your counterfeit kits! What a neat idea!!! It would take me forever thought to look through all of my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, you've been busy! and both layouts are just stunning. Love your photos and papers. FABULOUS work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fab, Jen! Loving the girly feel! I hear you on flipping the paper over...I do that with ugly one-sided patterned paper all the time - I use the white back instead! :) Especially the stuff that comes in a stack. At 10 cents a pop, you can't go wrong! I'm loving the ironic LO, too - we too are not exactly "classy" people! LOL! Off to check out that paper line...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just got a few pieces of that graphic 45 line. it is gorgeous...though i am backside kinda girl...i go for the graphics, LOL

    that layout is gorgeous. i love the softness of it, including the beautiful photos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ! wow ! wow ! well done with the G45 Springtime here , hun !!!! just beautiful & with kraft too ! i hear you there abt using them just as kraft cs sometimes ! why not ?!

    love the pics & stories with them too ! sweet !!!!!!!!! & yeah ! I didnt think you'd go ga-ga over the JBS spotted owl soup but yeah even I was attracted to their color palette & fun owls ! I got a coupla faves from CHA so far posted up ! surprise ! surprise ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh those are so beautiful!!! So soft and pretty.. both of them.. pics and pages!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that G45 paper line! Your LOs are beautiful and I can just hear Lisa groaning, "I haaaate Property". LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...