Sunday, January 30, 2011

An Unexpected Visitor

Yesterday morning, while letting the pups out, Rob spotted this happy coyote out for a morning jaunt.  Just trotting down the path around the slough.


 I ran to get my camera and when he heard me open the patio door he gave me the "stink eye" and decided to cut across the frozen slough.


A beautiful creature he is and very healthy with that full bushy tail.  I sure would be panicking if I were out walking the pups and came face to face with him.  Rob says they will not bother with humans or pups unless they are starving, then they would likely go for a pup.  Thoughts of Lady surviving her abandonment out in the country, come to mind.  It would be so tragic and ironic to have trouble of this nature in the city.

Rob put a call into the RCMP to let them know of this "Wylie Coyote" and in that moment our furry friend decided to take the path that leads down to the detachment office...... turning himself in??  ;)

Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday.  I'm making it a scrappy day!! Yay!!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

7 comments:

  1. Yay! I just love wildlife encounters. It's one of the best parts of driving home to BC through the Icefields Parkway for me! Have a great day, Jen! I'm off to get some flower-making supplies... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should Glimmer Mist Gus and Maggie so they look less like yummy rabbits!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a gorgeous animal!!! He is so healthy looking!! They are so much thinner down here on the other side of the border!! We have them behind in our backyard, yipping, every now and then. We have found some coyote scat in our yard too. We have an owl too in the trees behind me. I have heard him late at night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you mind if I print these for Ben?? He LOVES animals. We have a bunch of books right now about coyotes and wolves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. perhaps it is a smart coyote turning itself in - for easy warmth & comfort ! cool pics ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful, gorgeous picture! It looks cold....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...