Saturday, January 8, 2011

Week #2 Challenge

 It is snowy here!!!  It started yesterday afternoon and has not stopped yet.  We are expecting about 10 inches and with the drifting, I can't even find my front walk way.  Yes, today is a stay in day and might even be a P.J. day too!  Love cozy days like this, especially on the weekend when I don't have to worry about family members out braving the bad roads.  Now I just have to decide if it is a knitting day or a scrapping day???  Maybe a bit of both!

So I want to share the second challenge that I did from this yummy book!


Challenge #13:  Use black and white and colour.  The book showed two interpretations of this challenge.  The first used the colour palette of black, white and only pink.  The second had a LO that used very vibrant and colourful papers with a B&W photo.  I choose the first interpretation.  Since I like a more vintage vibe I used ecru instead of white.  Here is what I came up with.


I used the BG "Jovial" line for this!  I just can't seem to get enough of the colour blue, these days.   I was searching for the perfect title for this when I spotted a scrap of paper with the paper line name on it.  Yes, Jovial was the perfect title for this photo of Lisa smiling.  We were teasing her on Christmas day.  She was enjoying some Christmas "spirits" so we said that she had finally found her Christmas spirit!  hee hee

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend filled with scrappy time and lots of creative thoughts!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

6 comments:

  1. Cute!!! I really like all the layers and textures on here. You are really cranking out the pages lately!! Loving all of them!!

    It is COLD here... -10 below! Atleast the sun is shining here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page!!! Love this color scheme :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo my ! snowed in day ! but hurray for more crafting time ! ;)

    such a sweet color palette to go with lovely pic of Lisa !

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Ya, the gin probably had a lot to do with it. Really great page. It's so nice to see you become a fan of blue. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. goodness THIS is just so striking, the colours, design those flowers, just STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous!! Your layouts are amazing!! We actually have several inches of snow in GA this morning. (Which in the South, means we're snowed in for days-lol) So, hoping to spend lots of time in my scrap room!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...