Saturday, January 15, 2011

Week #3 Challenge

It's time for another challenge from Elizabeth.


Challenge #31 Incorporate book pages or sheet music on a layout.

This was a bittersweet challenge for me.  I love the look of vintage books on a LO but I also love old books.  When I worked at an elementary school library, I was rendered useless when June would roll around and we had to decide which old books to discard.  They all looked great to me.  ;)  I love everything about old books including that dusty feeling they leave on your hands and that dusty book smell!  I did finally decide to cut into an old school reader that I have a duplicate copy of.  It still felt wrong. :(

Here is my creation.


I have been wanting to scrap this photo for months but could never find the right papers until..... "Curio"!!! The design for the LO is a scraplift of the take that Elizabeth did on the challenge.  I was lucky enough to find illustrations in the story book that had a farm theme.  It was so much fun to make totally original embellishments.

The great thing about this challenge is that if you really don't have an old book or music sheets, there are lots of papers on the market that mimic this awesome look.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!  Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

7 comments:

  1. What a cool way to use those papers, Jen! I have an old (50s) teacher edition to a reader that I've used on a couple of projects. I love the large typeface, but I hadn't thought of punching the images! I've thought of using them but I couldn't think how! I may have to try this out....off to the scrap room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Super amazing page. Just breathtaking!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This LO is so nice! Those papers are just perfect for the colours in the photos. Love those little handmade embellishments too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just beautiful!!! Gosh, I love the photo!!! Really wonderful, Jen!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. o I absolutely approve of you cutting into a duplicate ole book , grrl ! & those images are just darling here & with the BG Curio ! wonderful !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jennifer. Had a bit of a catch up on your blog... Wow!! You've been creating beautiful layouts! Just love this 'SpringTime' LO. The photos are gorgeous. :)
    Ps. I know what you mean about cutting up books. Find it very hard myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE, LOVE the colours on this one! Well done!!! I really regret not getting that upper crest border punch! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...