Sunday, January 9, 2011

What To Do When You are Snowed In

Go scrappy shopping of course!!  Scrappy shopping in your own scrap room!!  That is what I did yesterday and it was so much fun!!  While blog surfing,  I found this amazing challenge site called Counterfeit Kit Challenge and I am so excited about it!


The challenge is to make a version of the kit club collection that they feature each month.   This month they featured this kit and add on by Jenni Bowlin.

Main Kit:
Add On:




Here is my version of them, all found in my stash.  I am actually embarrassed to admit that I had many of the actual products in my stash.

Main Kit:

Add On:


This site is the perfect challenge to get us using up our stash, shopping less, going through our own stash and also making some of our own embellishments that look like those in the kit.  The site also encourages us to put the things in the kit that we like to use and leave out items that don't appeal to us.  In my kit, I left out the black transparencies and lumpy flowers and replaced them with more tags for layering and some flat laying flowers.  It is all about what we like.  You also don't have to use the same colour palette but can make your own palette and just use the types of items in the example kit as a basis for your kit.  Through the month there will be challenges to get us creating with our kit.

Does this sound like fun or what???  I am hoping this helps me to use up my stash.  So far I am totally failing with my resolution to spend less at the LSS.  I have made two trips already this year and have spent way too much. :(  On the plus side, I am tracking all my scrappy expenses this year as a way of helping me to stop buying.  I guess I could have a worse addiction but still! ;)

So go and check out Counterfeit Kit Challenge and then go shopping in your own room!!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

15 comments:

  1. Love your kit, looks like fun to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun kit!! I really like those smiley face tickets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like so much fun... i can't wait to see what you create with your kit!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love this idea! Good for you for finding an interesting way to use up some of that wonderful stash you have. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You kit is perfect! You did a wonderful job! I love how you customized it!

    Bethany
    Counterfeit Kit Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think what you put together is awesome!! I do have a lot of goodies, but not a huge amount. But still, this site would be good for me to play along with! I can't wait to see what you make with your kit you made!! :)

    We weren't snowed in... but froze in!! Gosh it was a cold one this weekend. A warm-up for tomorrow.. high of 20!! This morning it was -12! So, I like the sound of 20 degrees!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kit looks amazing Jennifer, its great that you could substitute some supplies so it works better for your style.

    Love all the vintage products in your kit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a beautiful kit you have put together jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so neat! What a cool idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I just say I'm a little jealous of your scrapping stash!!! :) I love the kit you put together and I especially love the fact that you really customized it to fit your style (by choosing flat versus lumpy embellishments)! I can't wait to see your creations from this kit! *meridy*

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've pulled so many scrappy goodies together here; would love to play with that kit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you pulled your kit together and keeping it flatter too! I am really enjoying shopping my stash too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great kit. I love all the goodies you put together. Can't wait to see all the pages and projects you make using your kit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I must say, your kit looks just as delicious as the Jenni Bowlin one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh..you have lots of fun stuff here! The add on is super good! Will check back with how it all goes on some layouts :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...