Friday, January 21, 2011

When Did I Turn into a Snob?

I have known for a couple of years that yes,  I am a paper snob.  Only certain lines of paper pass my scrutiny.  You all know, the "designer" paper that we feel is soooo worth $1.39 a sheet.   hee hee  Not only have I admitted this shallow flaw in my nature (for shame ;) ) but I also must admit that I turned Susan into a paper snob too.  Today Susan and I reached a new level of snobbery.  We are now yarn snobs too!!!

We had so much fun going to a small yarn shop in Edmonton.  It was so much fun to look at all of these amazing yarns.  It was almost overwhelming for novice knitters.  Most of the yarns were totally natural with not much acrylic to be found.  There were balls imported from Japan, Italy and Turkey.

I am making myself a scarf with this!!


It is Alpaca from Peru and it is not even dyed.  It is soooo soft and I just can't wait to feel it in my hands as I knit.  I will totally enjoy this project before I get back to my normal yarn stash made of 100% pure acrylic!!  hee hee

Wanted to share a few picture of Thomas taken at his mini birthday celebration last night.  This first one reminds me of how I feel when the cake is almost gone. ;)


Doesn't cake just make us all feel happy!??!


 Tonight is the big celebration.  Can't wait to see the pictures showing what he does with a big cake!!  LOL

Onto CHA news.  I have to say that Crate Paper nailed it again!

Loving this "Portrait" collection!


"Emma's Shoppe" is like "Restorations" for springtime!!  Pure yummyness!!!


I also spied these cute stickers.  Loving the flag banners!!



Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!!  Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

4 comments:

  1. I envy you that you knit!!!! Always wanted to give it a try, but never did!!!! Cute pics of little Thomas!!! As for Crate Paper, I've seen their new releases and I love them. Can't wait until they are released!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cake is always fun! Love all the new Crate! Can't wait to play with it. Those banner stickers are great (I haven't seen them before this!) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what you make with that yarn! Alpaca is sooo soft... I too am a paper snob, I think...but I guess we all have our flaws. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am loving those JBstickers I wouldnt have noticed them until this highlight ! & yeah those CP lines look like winner s , huh ?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...