Friday, February 25, 2011

A Basic Grey Kind of Day

Yesterday was all about Basic Grey.  It is funny how we go through phases where we just crave to work with a specific manufacturer.

First up, I scrapped my Lady photo with Kioshi.  It feels so good to work with such a springtime palette, especially since it is bitterly cold here.... again. {sigh}  I used my Cricut to cut the tag and make my alphas!  Always feels so great to make something from scratch! ;)


I used this sketch from The Scrappiest.


Next, I scrapped a photo of the Bride and Groom, from the wedding we attended last weekend.  The photo is a bit blurry thanks to my problematic camera, but I wanted a record of this day, so I scrapped it anyway! I finally used some of the Capella line.  I didn't buy much of this line, just a few sheets for a taste and then a few more as I found them in the sale bin box.  The background sheet is a Webster's Page.  I used a blue doily from the Kioshi line for my borders.  The title is done with the Cricut "Storybook" cartridge.  Love this sentiment for a wedding page.  Hey, I even stole some stuff from the anniversary stash to use on this! hee hee  Just the "love" medallion and two white pearls.  Shhh, don't tell Susan.  ;)


This is the sketch I used, but I don't know who created it.  I found it in my sketch file and it has been there forever.  Thank you to the unknown person who created this!!  :)


I had a very productive night last night blog surfing.  First off I found the blog of Melissa Mann.  I really encourage you to go and take a peek!  It took my breath away and just got my mind going with ideas.  I have put many of her LO's in my "scraplift file" and will be using many of her ideas.  Many of her LO's are done in an 8.5x11 format.  She makes wonderful use of negative space making embellishments with a simple punch.  She also does some stitching!

As if that was not enough, I also found this place through Melissa's blog!

The Twinery is just what I have been looking for.


 I can't find twine anywhere around here and I just love the look!


Just look at these colours!!  Can't wait until it arrives.  I will be sharing with Susan because I ordered this set of 11 colours as well as their original set of 8 colours, not realizing that 8 of the 11 colours are the same.  hee hee  I have to admit that I was in an excited state and didn't read the fine print.  I tend to do this a lot. ;)  Well, Susan and I have enough twine to last us a lifetime.  I even broke the news to Rob last night about how much I spent on a box of string, and he was fine with it.  ;)  Gotta love this man for totally supporting my scrappy addiction and understanding how string can make his wife so happy!  

Wishing you all a crafty day!  Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

6 comments:

  1. These are such pretty pages, Jen!!! I have the set of 8 from the Twinery. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely LOs, Jen! Your LO of Lady reminds me just how much I love B&W for scrapping. I have that same Kioshi line but never any photos to match. I need to print some B&Ws! And good for you for scrapping even an "imperfect" picture - 20 years from now, you'll be so glad you did. :) I noticed Susan's flowers on there, too! Are you almost running out? I admit I've been coveting mine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, two beautiful LO's. I especially love the wedding one - very delicate and full of so many nice little details. By the way, I forgive you for raiding the anniversary album stash. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous BG layouts Jennifer! That twine looks yum. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. rawking the BG here !!! yums ! & yeah ! so are the new twine colors here ! I am tempted too ! yeehaw !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...