Saturday, February 5, 2011

February Counterfeit Kit Challenge

This month's challenge is up at The Counterfeit Kit Challenge!!  The kit is from Scraps of Darkness.  Here it is.



So, anyone who knows my scrapping style knows that this is definitely not it!  hee hee But, the great thing about the challenge is that you can turn it into the kit that you love.  You can just follow the colour palette or you can totally change up the colours and just copy the "types" of items in the kit.  I decided to base my kit on the same colour palette as the featured kit and keep the Valentine's theme.  This will be the perfect motivator to get me making those Valentine's cards!!  This kit will also be perfect for a few photos that I am wanting to scrap!  Here is the palette provided on the blog.


Here is my kit!!


and a close up.


I was able to add in some great scraps I have to use up.  Many of these papers were bought out of the bargain bin after Valentine's Day last year.  I love me a scrappy bargain.  I didn't add alphas in this kit as I am hoping to use my Love Struck Cricut cartridge that I bought last year and has yet to be used. :(

The great thing about the challenge this month, is that the monthly winner will get the actual kit that we are counterfeiting!!  So if you are wanting to use up some of your stash and be ready for this year's Valentine's Day photos, take a peek at the challenge!!  :)


 Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

23 comments:

  1. Love your kit! Great job making the challenge fit your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to the comment above!!! I like yours much better and great job making it fit you!!! I can't wait to see what you create!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you need to be in charge of a kit club... love what you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are SUPER FAST!!! I love how you changed everything to fit your style! i can't wait to see what you make. Thanks for playing :) *meridy*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the kit you put together Jennifer, the papers you chose are gorgoeus and its great that you included scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go with this Valentine's kit ! a mighty fine stash of Valentine's Day schtufff you have too ! lol

    I dont think I'm making anything V Day this year .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's one massive kit you've created there!! Looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that is gorgeous! I could just dive in and play..

    I've been planning my counterfeit kit and it is off in a different direction from the original too..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see you went away from the Darkness of the original kit too. It's funny, I actually have some of those same papers you chose, but didn't pull them for my kit. This is such an interesting challenge isn't it. You have lots of lovely bits and bobs to play with too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many pretty things to play with! Great job!

    Bethany
    Counterfeit Kit Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. The is a wonderfully fun Valentines kit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh...looks like you'll have lots of fun creating with this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jen I love it. I love the addition of the soft lilac, very feminine and fun. I love love love the tickets in the last photo upper right. May be copying those! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, it's beautiful! You mean - you had all that in your stash already??? Wow! Gorgeous collection of goodies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great kit. Can't wait to see what you come up with this month!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your kit- so much scrappy goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those 365 degrees rub-ons are gorgeous. I can't wait to see what you do with them.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous kit! Love all the wonderful embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great kit. I just love the papers you picked. Wonderful idea to add in your matching scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your kit- the papers are gorgeous together, and you chose so many great embellishments to go with them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...