Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Feeling the Love

Last night I decided to finally cut into the kit I created for The Counterfeit Kit Club.  It is Valentine themed so perfect to scrap a photo of my sweetie. :)  So I left "Sweetie" on the sofa with the pups and headed down to the studio to create.  Half way through the LO, while taking time to choose just the perfect sentiments to claim my love, it hit me!  You know that you have been married for 26 plus years when, you leave your loved one on Valentine's night to go and scrap about your love for him. hee hee  In my defense, Rob is not working this week and we have had lots of time together.  Maybe my gift to him was that I left him to go and scrap! LOL  Here is the LO!


It was lots of fun to create.  Lots of Valentines paper from previous years.... Making Memories and Fancy Pants.  I used this week's sketch from Sketch Inspiration.


Just had to share these photos of Lisa.



 She spent last night at the parent's home of one of her school friends.  The parents were having a party to celebrate their 25th Anniversary.  Lisa's friend loaned her this amazing "suit" to wear for the occasion.  The colours are so perfect for Lisa!  The fabric and detailed work on this was amazing.  Lisa also wore the jewelry as well as the jewel on her forehead.  I have kept this to use as an embellishment when I do a LO.  It was great for Lisa to be able to experience the Sikh culture!

I'm hoping to scrap again today!  Tomorrow, Susan and I are getting together to work on the Anniversary album.  Can't wait!!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful layout. I love the large heart, all the color and the contrast of the black and white photo. I loved the line in your post "you know you've been married 26 years...". So true!
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am chuckling at the "you know you have been married 26 year....". It is something I would do and we have been married 16. Thing is, my hubby would be perfectly fine with it. We do spend time together when he is not working. My DH would be fine with it. Even he chuckled at your comment!! :) It is a wonderful page. I love the kit you put together!! I hope you have a great time tomorrow with your sis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehehe... too funny Jennifer. I'm the same with my DH. I think he quite enjoys the break when I leave him in peace to go and scrap.
    Your layout is beautiful and I'm sure he loves it too. So lovely to have a great relationship after all these years. :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally lovin the heart you have cut out and all your layers and embellies seem just perfect for this layout...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful layout - that heart really makes it a stand out page :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The layout is beautiful!!! My husband and I had a quiet Valentine's...we both feel that every day is Valentine's Day. I totally get it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how pretty! The heart is especially nice!

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page!I love the sweet softness of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout. I love all the little extras you added. Thanks for sharing the sketch you used I think I might just try something with the sketch. Your daughter is very beautiful and she does look really pretty in those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the page! Good luck with your application ;) Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely take on the latest Sketch inspo ! you always make it look soo easy !!! & yeah ! those colors are sooo flattering for Lisa - bindhi & all! too fun!

    p/s : just came back with Fresh Inspo - EP For the Record & WP's latest petite papers are in the house! lol Sad ! I know ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great layout -- and story!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore all of those little embellishments on your layout. I love that look! I guess scrapbooking is good for marriage too! My husband and I are the same way...when I go create, he gets some "me" time too!
    *meridy*

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous album, Jen! You are inspiring me to go and cut into the Valentine's stuff I recently bought from Ninabrook Designs...I love that you just took a photo of an everyday moment and turned it into a sort of devotional LO. Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. PS: What a gorgeous outfit Lisa's wearing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...