Thursday, February 10, 2011

Indian Summer

Well, it kinda feels like indian summer around here.  Things are warming up a bit this week to around freezing or just above!  Spring must be just a few short months away. ;)  Lately I have been daydreaming about springtime.  The awesome smell of warm breezes, dirt, mowed lawns and blooms.  I am also thinking about what I will be planting in pots to make my upper balcony and bottom patio a place of total peace and tranquility.  Can't wait until greenhouse days are here!  So much to look forward to.  I have to say that I am missing my nesting sparrows of my old house.  They have likely just begun.  I was happy to see, while visiting my old neighbour, that my birdhouses have not been removed.  However, the wildlife is pretty good here too.  Our friendly neighbourhood coyote was spotted trotting down the path again last Sunday afternoon.

Onto scrappy stuff.  Yesterday, I was playing with my BG "Indian Summer" line.  I so love this line.  The only thing I found disappointing, was that it never seemed to go with any autumn photos that I had.  I ended up using most of it on B&W photos of people.  I was so excited when I realized that this fall photo taken in Montreal would actually match some of the papers in the line!  I also realized while looking through my stash, that I bought more of this paper line from the sale bin.  Why I ask you???  That is a paper addiction.  Don't ask me how I will use up these hard to use papers, yet again. :(  So here is the LO.


I also mixed in a bit of Jillibean Soup papers and finally used more of those felt flower pieces from Jillibean soup.

The sketch used is this week's from Sketch Inspiration.  There is a Noel Mignon Christmas kit up for grabs.  My dream is to one day actually get to experience one of her awesome kits.


Well, I may do some scrapping today.  First I have to run to Michael's to take advantage of my 40% coupon.  A "good" ball of wool may be calling my name.   Yeah, I have definitely turned into a wool snob too.

Wishing you all a great day!  Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

12 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about this LO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to that comment. Those rub-ons add so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kust love it- especially the colors- love how you place all the embellies - I wish it would get to above zero around here need some warm weather- have this chill in me that I can't get rid of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very pretty!!! You have so many wonderful little details on here!!! I LOVE the fall colors, but like you, am wishing for spring!!! And hey!! It is warmer by you than me!!! Right now here in west central Wisconsin, it is a whole whopping 7 above!!!! It is COLD! We are looking like we are going to start warming up though!! SO excited about that. They are predicting 40 by mid week next week. We will see though. They have been known to be wrong alot, plus the weather pattern changes. I am braving the cold and taking my van to the dealership for a recall item. Happy scrapping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout. Love the colors and the punch you used in just fab. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous!!! I love fall colors!!! I'm headed over to Sketch Inspiration, thanks for the inspiration!!! I like you would love to have a kit from Noel Mignon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh you make it look so easy putting this layout together based on the sketch ! gorgeous , gorgeous take , grrll !

    Sometimes I feel like I don't even know how to create with sketches anymore ! sigh !

    We had 25% off the new Primas and my budget was kinda done in with the new pearl/crystal swirls , masks and resin flowers ! lol ! yeah didn't get that much new papers at one go - gotta space them out, huh ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jen, this layout is beautiful! I, too, love the BG Indian Summer line but had a hard time with the colors. I actually wound up mostly making cards with it, and a mini album with black and white pics. It was totally a surprise to have so much trouble with the color palette.
    Congrats on your win at The Scrappiest and have fun with the new tool! I won also, a kit - can't wait to get it!
    I am so happy for you that you and your sister are working on the anniversary album for your parents. My siblings and I did one together for my parents and it was very special. Enjoy the time spent together on it, your parents will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooooh, now you've got me pining for warmer weather! It sure has been nice out - if only it wasn't so bumpy and icy on our street I would be trying to get out a little more with the dogs! It sounds like the warmer weather will last into the weekend, so some nice dog walks are in order. :) What a gorgeous LO - I love the bold colours! :) You've also got me missing fall! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous layout Jennifer! The colours are amazing and perfect for your photos. Just beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is indeed just beautiful :)

    I bought some Noel kits a couple of years ago and they are fantastic. Noel's service is superb. Highly recommended (I haven't had one recently because they are so loaded the shipping was getting a little heavy, that's the only reason)

    ReplyDelete
  12. another WOW page. It is gorgeous and so is the picture. Perfect colors everywhere.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...