Sunday, February 13, 2011

Two Challenges

So I have decided to take the easy way out to help me catch up on my weekly challenges from Elizabeth.


There are some challenges that just do not appeal to me so I have decided to opt out.  I don't feel bad about this or that I MUST complete every challenge in this book.  Why do a challenge that is not any fun for you or does not suit your scrappy style.  Although, sometimes a challenge can be tweaked just a bit to become a fun thing.

So here are two challenges that I would never do.  Both have to do with a time limit on scrapping.

Week #6:  Challenge #10  Time's up!  Finish a page in 30 minutes.


Week #7:  Challenge #11  Time's up!  Finish a page in 45 minutes.

Don't get me wrong, I think these are great challenges, just not for me.  I know that I would never be happy with this simple a page.  I LOVE spending lots of time on my LO's and being an empty nester, I have lots of time for creating.  I think this would be an awesome challenge for a very busy person who really wants to scrap but feels they could never possibly have the time.  Scrapping can be very simple and still remain beautiful.  More importantly, the pictures are there with the important part, the details.  The memories will live on!  :)

The next "time" challenge allows one hour to finish a LO.  This one I will do eventually.  I will use it as motivation for do a more minimal LO with more white space.

Hopefully these last challenges will be of use and interest to some of my readers.  As I said in my previous post, I plan on posting all 52 challenges so that by the end of the year the entire 52 challenges will be documented on my blog.  I will actually get a challenge completed this week for next week's challenge post!  :)  Promise!!

Happy Sunday and Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

5 comments:

  1. Those two challenges would be great for me!!! LOL My scrapping time has been minimal with Ben and cooking for the tax office lately! Very tricky finding time to get everything done in a day that I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think working this quickly would work for me either. I like time to work out the little details I am going to use - very often I walk away from a layout and come back to it several times before I even start to stick things down. So I'm right with you on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! 30 or 45 minutes to do an entire LO?!? It sometimes takes me that long just to pick my papers! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm I have that book lovely to look but never attempted a challenge, maybe I need to get mine out and pick a challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm yeah ! I hear you on the short time frame! even for a so called fast scrapper like me it doesnt appeal to me to churn out something in 30 mins ! lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...