Saturday, February 26, 2011

Week #9 Challenge

Time for another challenge!  I have to say that I am totally enjoying this book!!


This week I chose Challenge #23:  Pair older product with fresh finds for a new look.


This challenge was right up my alley with trying to use up my stash.  I knew that BG was the perfect place to start because they always seem to have a way of putting out new stuff that can go with some of the old stuff.  I wanted to use up the last scraps of my Hopscotch stash but the papers were all quite busy.  I looked into my "vintage BG" box and found this background sheet from way back.  I just love the wallpaper pattern on it.  It is called "Sweet Pea" from the Alyssa collection.  Who remembers that stuff??  Must be from way back.  Hey, it even instructed me to cut off the bottom strip with the writing on it.  hee hee  The main white sheet is from the Bittersweet collection and called "Essence".  They went so great together and yay,  I used up some old stuff!!

Here is the sketch I used from The Scrappiest.


I took a trip to the LSS last night and am quite proud of my new found discipline in the purchasing department.  Adhesives were 30% off so I wanted to stock up.  I got some of last year's MME Halloween papers for $0.22 a sheet, as well as a few other bargain bin sheets.  For a taste of the new stuff, I bought a few sheets of MME Stella and Rose as well as the 6"x6" paper pad.  This will give me a fun LO making some fun stuff out of these tiny sheets!  The line is beautiful but it really reminds me of Crate's "Restorations" and I've already played with that.  It felt good to leave the store without over buying.  I am feeling so good about using up the stash!  Sometimes having too much in life can weigh us down.  I do have an admission though.  My paper hoarding is ceasing however, I am starting to hoard sale yarn again!!  I guess that buying craft supplies just makes me happy. :)

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

8 comments:

  1. Buying craft supplies makes me happy too :) This is such a lovely layout - you put together really, really nice grouping os embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have to have our little indulgences, don't we? :) New craft supplies make me happy, too. It's such a good feeling to know that you have so many pretty products just sitting there waiting for you to get creative! :) I love this LO, especially the 3D heart! :) Great use of old with new, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so darn cute!! You are not helping my 'no shopping' any!!! I would love to play with the challenges in her book!!! Greg hurt his back and has had reduced hours which means a reduced pay check as well. Not good. Either the back or the pay check. I do love all the little details you add. I wish I could do that better!!! That is the one thing I would love to be able to do better... accessorize my pages better. You are right the old and new BG mixes so well together!! Good for you for using up your stash. Have fun with all of your yarn!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another awesome BG layout Jen! Lol, I remember all those paper ranges. You've done a great job combining the old with the new and you are inspiring me to use up some of my old stash too. :)
    Take care. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome use of the BG Hopscotch ! it really is such a versatile line ! & Alyssa isn't all that vintage BG yet ( only released last year ! lol )

    Way to go with the MME Stella & Rose additions - they really have too many papers . Cant wait to see what you do with 'em next !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your work!!!Awesome Layouts!!!

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH how soft and lovely that soft pink stitching just sets if off nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your take on the sketch!! Welcome to the Scrappiest team!!
    Luzma

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...