Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Counterfeit Challenge Creation

Just wanted to share my first LO made with my main counterfeit kit.  I am totally loving this kit! Once again the kit challenge is helping me to mix some papers that I would never have thought would go together. In hopes of mixing things up a bit in my scrappy world,  I finally made an 8.5 x 11 LO.  Surprisingly enough, it was quite a challenge.  I did enjoy the process though and plan on doing more.


This LO is also for my weekly challenge!


Challenge #48  Write or stamp directly on a photo.

I decided to put my journaling on my photo using the free edit feature on Picnik.  I have always loved the look of journaling or a title on a photo.  This is one of my favourite photos of Mo.

Here is the sketch I used from Page Maps.


Before I leave I have to give inspirational credit to Melissa Mann.  I love how she uses negative space and had fun playing with my circular punches the way I have noticed she has on some of her work.

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

19 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Jen! So bright and fun! Pleaseohpleaseohplease let it be spring soon! I want to start seeing these colours outside! Awesome photo, too - what a gorgeous cat he is! :) I am determined to jump in with this counterfeit kit challenge once I have my *new* scraproom set up! Yahoo! Only 10 more days till we move! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful page and photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Jen, I am TOTALLY loving this!! The combination of papers and colours seem so different from what you normally do. The 8.5x11 format gives the LO a totally different feel too. Awesome job! Can`t wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love how so many embellishments go so well together. What a pleasing page and it adds so much to the photo without taking away from the mood of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has such a lovely fresh look Jennifer - I think we'll definitely be seeing more pages this size from you soon, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the kraft butterflies, and how you framed your photo. I also adore the writing on your photo, something I have always wanted to try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful photo! The colors in the layout are just perfect!

    Bethany
    Counterfeit Kit Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page, and I love the cats face!!! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the little details on your layout. The photo is great.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous layout and photo! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! The colors of the paper really make the green in and around the photo pop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing photo! I love your page!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you created a mood with the colors and added humor with the text.

    ReplyDelete
  14. o how adorable is the photo here! fab layout too ! love the mix of pps ! way to go , hun !

    The stash diet hasgone a little awry this week I'm afraid - lots & lots of new arrivals - CC, Crate ,etc etc not to mention I havent evenused my new JB banner stickers from last week . lol .

    I actually scrapped up a storm on Sat with 2 layouts , a card & a canvas but alas ! can't show them now .

    March 9, 2011 10:41 PM

    ReplyDelete
  15. great work...your picture is very cool

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful cat. Thank you for introducing this book to me. I went out and bought it the other day and have read the whole book, now i'm trying to figure out where to start. This is a great layout.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...