Sunday, March 6, 2011

It Amazes Me

I'm playing along with The Counterfeit Kit Challenge again this month!  I love, love, love the entire concept of this site! It has me so excited about my stash.  :)  This month they are featuring the 5 kits at Studio Calico.  The funny thing is that I had looked at these kits a few days earlier and thought of how beautiful they are.  Little did I know that I had practically the same kits down in the studio!!  hee hee  It still amazes me that I can put together beautiful kits with what I have on hand.

Here is the main kit.

My version of this kit!



I looked at the patterned paper on the top row second in from the left.  It reminded me of the CC "Earth Love" line.  I had bought a double pack of that on sale for $6 regularly $30!  This one sheet was my starting point.  I would have never thought to mix some vibrant orange to this mix but I love the look!

I decided to duplicate one of the add on kits.  Since I am still totally in love with any blues and yellows, it was an easy decision to choose this one.


Here is my kit!



I did have the one piece of the new Stella and Rose paper. In my efforts to use up the stash, I only bought two full sheets of this collection as well as the 6x6 paper pack.  Just a taste of this line as it reminds me so much of the Crate "Restorations" line. I remembered that I had a CC paper that reminded me of the look of the bottom right paper in the kit.  It was fun to mix this with some of last years MME.  I added in two of the small sheets of the Stella and Rose paper that is in the original kit.  Might be handy for making embellishments.

My next step will be to choose the photos to go with my new kits.  I never end up doing any of the challenges or blog hop on the site.  I tend to get so excited about my new kits that I use them up before the challenges are posted!!  I'm okay with that because I am just happy to be using up my supplies on hand.

Speaking of scrapping frugal, this is the perfect time of year to look in the sale bins at the LSS!  So much great stuff in there at a fraction of the price.  They are making room for all of the new stuff from CHA.  Susan and I hit two stores on Friday and were amazed at the paper we found for $0.20 and $0.25!  It was a fun day!

I will leave you with a little Easter eye candy.  These large eggs are so pretty that I just had to take a picture to remember them.  They may be disappearing one by one far before Easter arrives!


Wishing you all a great Sunday, hopefully relaxing with family and friends!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

25 comments:

  1. wonderful kits you've come up with again !

    & how terrific you're able to get great papers @0.20 !!!! that's unheard of here !!!! woot !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have added the CC Earth Love bit to mine too.
    Lovely kit you have gathered there and doesn't it make doing pages easy when everything is all together in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors. Really nice egg picture as well. Both make me smile when I look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool, Jen! I can't wait to see what you do with them. As I was putting together that prize pack a couple of week ago, I was thinking of you and your counterfeit kits...and I think I may just have to jump in on this once I have my new scraproom set up! I'm glad to hear that Lady's accidents are all in one place...Molly's are too, but they all happen to be in my bedroom which has a broken door....so if we forget even for a few hours to put the baby gate up, we can expect to find an accident. Like Lady, she rarely indicates that she needs to go outside...it's more like she just gets up and walks away, and if we mistake that for her being hungry...well, you know the rest. In our new place, we're going to have an oversized crate for her during the day because she can't be trusted with all that carpet! I am determined that we are not going to get into some better habits in the new house so that I won't feel like we need to have the carpets cleaned 3x a year! It's a good thing she's cute! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that I would not have thought to mix some of these colors in the kit if I had not been lifting the original kit. I think that is part of why I love counterfeit kits so much...how it allows me to use what I have in new ways.Your take is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the kit you put together!!! I really should give it a try, but know it would take me forever!!! Looking forward to seeing the layouts your create with it! Also, wanted to congratulate on making the DT at The Scrappiest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! I have the advantage of planning the challenges, so I do those first and then see what else I can make. LOL Gotta have examples to show you! Really pretty kits! Have fun with them!

    Bethany
    Counterfeit Kit Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the kits - all the blues and yellows are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to agree, I totally love the concept of the site! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing your version! (As you know, I actually buy the SC kits, but I love seeing the counterfeit versions and I am thinking I should go back and do this for some of the kits I haven't picked up!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really counterfeited those well!
    and way to shop the sales!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your kits. looks like fun stuff to work with.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow you are rocking these kits Jennifer, can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your kits. I started with an inspiration piece of paper too and love my kit. Like you, I;m not sure I can wait for the challenges to use up my kit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your kits seem true to the originals - nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your main is gorgeous and your add-on is to die for! I could scrap with that any day :) I have just finished photographing my kit (we have a couple of v. similar papers!) and I hope to post it tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing how you create with this lovely collection Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your kits!! Gorgeous- can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very well put together...you have an eye for what works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jennifer you did it again. Your kits are awesome and your embellishments are wonderful. I look forward to your blog everyday and can't wait to see what you create out of these. (no presure now :0)

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG!! Your kits are adorable!! Lucky you on your scrap purchases~~ nothing better than a good deal!! Easter candy photo is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome kits! You have quite a wonderful stash!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have the best kits!!! Can I shop in your home???? LOL xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love CFKC too! IT is so fun and has made my stash ALIVE again! I love the colors you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful! That was my favorite add on kit, as well! I love what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fabulous kit, Jennifer! I love the Earth Love line-those colors are great! Can't wait to see your projects!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...