Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Sister's Challenge and a Mini Blog Hop

I love a challenge!  I find it a great way to motivate myself and it is always fun to be working on something in a group.  Susan had a great idea.  She suggested that we both do a LO using the same photo.  We decided on a sweet picture of our nephew Thomas.  A great muse is always a good beginning.  It doesn't get any cuter than Thomas!

We didn't have any rules for this challenge, other than the fact that we have not shared anything about our paper choices, sketches or ideas.  Here is my take.  :)


Isn't that photo just the sweetest?  That pout is just too cute!  This LO is totally me.  It is busy, it is over embellished and I love it.  hee hee.  I even used some Sassafrass that I have had for ages.  For me, the key to this manufacturer is using it in small doses.

I used an older sketch from The Scrappiest.


So now I am going to hop on over to Susan's blog to see her take on this sweet photo.   I love that our styles are so different.  It is so much fun to see how differently we are inspired by the same thing.  We are planning future challenges using the same sketch or maybe even the same supplies.  So hop on over with me to Susan's blog!!  :)  This just may be the smallest blog hop in Blogger history. ;)

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

11 comments:

  1. Wow! What a difference in what we did with that photo!! LOL I knew you'd find a way to make it colourful and well-embellished! I just couldn't visualize it and had to go with basic colours that matched the photo. It was so much fun doing this together!! You did a great job. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is this!!! Totally cute layout. Off to check out Susans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, it's not busy, it's FUN and it's not over-embellished, it's embellished perfectly! You've done an AWESOME job on this adorable LO! What a cutie that baby is! Off to see Susan't take...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious photo and great framing and borders in the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the Blog Hop - great to see the two takes - I wonder if I can find a pouty picture of my grandbaby - ha! I love your style for the embellies - all the little touches and I focus in on a different one every time I look -- great job girls

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely - and now I'll go and check out Susan's. I wish I could persuade my sister to scrap..

    ReplyDelete
  7. that photo is woth a thousnad words.... and your page is fabulous, love every detail and you make the papers all match. I am off to Susan's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it Jennifer! Those little tickets with the sad face are perfect. Fabulous layout!! That little pout is the cutest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. o yeah ! a very fun challenge with fab results from both of yer !!!! gorgeous creation as always ! ;)

    p/s - a tonne of new supplies on hand here , enough photos but not enough scrappy mojo to get going ! grrr !

    ReplyDelete
  10. what an adorable page. Great composition here

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a cute photo!!! :) LOL great layout btw...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...