Monday, March 28, 2011

Sketch #113

A new sketch is up at ......


It was a challenge with it being a three photo sketch.  Time for some creative thinking!   I rarely have three photos that go together.  I used a mix of papers here.  I am loving that background paper from MME "Stella & Rose".  I bought a few extra sheets and plan on using it again and again.  Loved finally getting my hands on some of those Maya Road kraft doilies and mini tickets.  They sold out before the LSS even announced their arrival on their blog, but lucky for me Susan lives close and stalks this place on a regular basis so she picked them up for me!  Thanks Susan!  :)  The little doily and butterflies are from the new Cosmo Cricket lines.  They are so much fun and lots of bang for your buck at $2 a package.  FYI Susan figured out that the little butterflies layer wonderfully on top of the small Martha Stewart butterfly punched butterflies.  I have to try this out!


Here is the sketch and I hope you'll consider playing along with us this week. :)


Tomorrow is a scrappy day for me and Susan, working on the anniversary album.  Just finished my "homework" today.  The dreaded collage page is done but, we each have another waiting for us tomorrow. :(  Someone asked me when we will be posting this album.  The anniversary isn't until mid July, so we will be posting it shortly thereafter.  Susan and I are dreaming up  how we can make this "reveal" fun for our loyal followers who have been so gracious in commenting on all of our peeks.  We will keep you posted!  :)

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

12 comments:

  1. Jenn, I love your new look! I am crazy about birds and yours are fabulous! And so is your sketch. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet how you made the CC Lovely bits work on a layout ! & yes ! I dont have that MS Butterfly punch but I wondered abt the similarity in their sizes too ! way to go with this fab take !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a great job :) Love the colors and all of your little details. Have a great day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on this, Jen! Did you each just take a candid photo of each other intentionally for this page? Or did you have the photos already? I like how you used the "doggy" card in place of the third photo! What line is this? I wish I could say that I'll get to scrap along with this sketch this week, but thus far, it looks unlikely. I'm unpacking and straightening up the house like mad before our housewarming on Friday (I scheduled it for the 1st intentionally so I'd have to get the house done!). My in-laws are also coming on Friday now, so I have even more incentive! I also have marking, and I'm sick...LOL I am such a whiner! I guess I'm a little jealous of all my scrappy friends...but hopefully I'll get in there soon and get to post on my blog even sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great LO! Loving those colours bigtime! Just finished my "homework" for the album too - about 2 hours worth of stitching!! See you tomorrow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have worked that twine beautifully on this page Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a gorgeous combintation of colours you have used Jennifer, and I ahve to tell you I ahve gone back and double checked some of your recent projects and you have inspired me to do a little handstitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Gorgeous layout Jennifer! Love your take on the sketch. Have fun scrapping tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The MME Stella and Rose is my favorite line in a very long time...you really put it to use. Your layout and your take on the sketch is simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool design and amazing colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this layout... just got a new doggy... and want to put some pictures in our family album... where did you find the "my little dog"? Would love to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow..I love how you have used your twine and how you placed the buttons and pearls here and there...Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...