Friday, March 18, 2011

Week #11 Challenge

I have finally completed this week's challenge!!


Challenge #47:  Highlight - don't hide - an imperfect shot.

Well this was the perfect challenge for me, considering that my camera is still giving me grief.  Rob took this photo of the bride at the wedding we attended last month.  Although it was not a long distance shot, the picture came out somewhat blurry and had a bit of a double image.  I decided to add to the blur with some photo editing and give it a bit of a wedding bliss misty look!  It's an artsy kinda thing. ;)


I was happy to use some BG "Cappella" on this.  Such a classy line of paper.

Here is the sketch I used by the talented Julie Bonner.  Just loved the simplicity of this sketch and it was so perfect for this photograph.


I hope I have inspired you to scrap some of your favourite memories that you have less than perfect photos for.  I remember seeing in a scrappy magazine how a person had used a blurry photo and titled the LO "Life is a Blur."  I thought that was so creative.

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

10 comments:

  1. Very nice! Good to see the Cricut being used, not to mention those shiny silver letters! Sometimes shiny silver is just what you need.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have turned it pretty! It looks just lovely. Your posts about this book had me looking out my copy this week, and appreciating it anew. It's a great one, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really rocked this challenge...the layout could not have been more perfect if the photo came out perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your interpretation of the sketch. I just became your newest follower. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo I LOVE the photo it does look very romantic and misty, I agree the simple classic design for wedding is JUST PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous LO.....the elements are perfect...have a sweet day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous LO as always ...love the picture and the choice of papers. You are always an inspiration to me!

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pic! I love the blurriness of it! Great page too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the take on Julie's sketch too ! & that BG Capella is perfect for bridal layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this, Jen! I think it's awesome to appreciate those photos instead of ditching them. It's funny how things change over time. In this world of digital photography we somehow expect them all to be perfect, but we treasure those blurry or faded photos from our past. Funny, isn't it? :) This LO is great; I love those neutral hearts!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...