Friday, April 8, 2011

A Beautiful Day

It is another lovely spring day in my neck of the woods.  The snow is melting every day and very soon I am thinking that the puddles will dry up!  Spring days are bittersweet when you have three little pups.  As much as you want to walk out and enjoy the beautiful weather,  the clean up of 12 muddy paws, three muddy/sandy underbellies and a muddy entrance usually takes longer than the actual walk. {sigh} The walk usually wins out. :)

I am still playing with my counterfeit kit.  Last night I made LO#3.


I have to say that there is a very different process for me, in scrapping a kit.  I look at an array of papers and then try to find a photo to work.  This B&W has been waiting to be scrapped for quite some time.  I would look at it and couldn't think of a paper line to work with it.  When I looked at these papers last night, the photo just jumped out to be scrapped!  It was fun to do a LO where the journaling had nothing to do with the actual photo, but rather just a general thought or belief.

Here is the sketch I used by Julie Bonner.  Love all the circles in this!


Today I have to decide if I will tend to my very neglected house or scrap. Hmmm The kit is calling my name and scrapping may win out.  Besides, scrapping will make it a joyful day.  hee hee

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

17 comments:

  1. Very lovely LO, but I can't believe you cut into the coveted Reliable Sunflower Correspondence Club paper!! How could you do that? ;-) LOL I hope to start putting my kit together later today, once I'm back from getting groceries. This weekend will be dedicated to doing the taxes so if I want to "play" it has to be sometime today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful take on the sketch, beautiful photo and beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout and great take on the sketch - you've already got quite a lot of mileage out of your kit, can't wait to see what else you do with it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess what?!? I put together my own counterfeit kit on Wednesday night! Here's a question for you: How do you know when to stop? I just kept choosing, choosing, choosing based on the colour scheme, and soon I had a big pile. Any tips? If only I could find that stinkin' camera cord so I could post!!

    I love this LO! So inspiring to see a non-person, thoughtful-type LO. It's lovely!

    I hear you on the muddy paws...you can see the trail of our big dog across the pale carpet that's just inside the back door. It's a good thing she's cute! LOL

    Great new blog header and background, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like that LO the b&W photo of a flowers really works I would never have thought of doing that myself but think I'll have to try it now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry about the neglected house... it isn't going anywhere! LOL
    Great layout, I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! Love your interpretation of the sketch and those papers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! for the spring weather Jen! We are slowly moving into winter and I'm so happy as we had such a long hot summer and we need the rain.
    Your layout is beautiful and you are doing a great job with the kit!
    Have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous layout! I have found the same thing when scrapping with my kits, which I love, because I have gotten photos scrapped that have been waiting quite a while!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Housework will always be there - I say, scrap! Beautiful layout, I love those colors with that beautiful B&W photo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is beautiful! I totally love the colors and the photo is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great take on the sketch! Love that pic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. way to use up that kit ! this strategy sure is working well for you ! loving all the circular elements in this layout !

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this, the papers are gorgeous and all the little details. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a beautiful layout. The colors are perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the black and white photo with those papers too! I hhave never belonged to a kit club before, so when we started doing this, I had the samee process as you...I would go through my photos and pick some to match the papers and embellishments I had pulled. It is a nice change than working in the *other direction*. Glad you are having fun too!
    *meridy*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...