Monday, April 4, 2011

A New Sketch and Some "Daily Junque"

It is Monday, which means that Liz has a new sketch up for us at....


Here is my take using the new Crate Paper Collection "Toy Box".  I so love this collection for little boys.  The line has so many fun elements that can be cut out, altered and layered.  This LO of little Tom went together very quickly.  It is so weird when that happens and a LO almost scraps itself!


Here is the sketch.   Hope you find some time to play along!!


Last night I played with the last papers of my "Daily Junque" stash.  I didn't buy much of it.  Just one of each sheet to have a taste!  I'm not always successful with this strategy.  For example, "Stella and Rose" has me going back for more and more. ;)  It was fun to do another 8.5 x 11 LO.  I wanted to use that sheet of paper with all the fun graphics down the side.  I added a few things on top to give it more of a layered look.  I was happy to finally find the perfect paper to scrap this photo of my niece, Emily.  I took this photo last October so it has been waiting to be scrapped for quite some time.


It is still feeling a bit like springtime in my neck of the woods. I did however, see a  few flurries today.  Fresh flowers for the house always helps to bridge the gap of waiting time. :)


For anyone who has followed me for awhile, you may remember a similar flower arrangement that I posted on my blog last spring.  The photo was one of my blog headers at one point.  We bought Gerbas and grass at the flower shop where the original was purchased.  I had the fun of putting it into the vase that I had saved.   Apparently, this flower shop will really lower their  price if you bring back the original containers to use.  I love it when people come up with these great "green" ideas!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

11 comments:

  1. Oh my.... Thomas is so adorable and he is growing so fast! And your flowers are gorgeous! Love your pages Jenn, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pic is priceless! Great page too! (Sorry, I get distracted by sweet little faces!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun, bright colours! I am loving this spring weather and the springy theme in your layouts! LOL! Love your flower arrangements, too! :) Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow ! that was fast using up the Daily Junque , girl ! way to go ! lol

    Fab take on the scrappiest sketch ! love the use of Toy Box here !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout with Liz sketch is absolutely adorable and beautiful!! and the other layout is really so cool and the colours AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Thomas is such a doll!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your LO!! Love all the layers! I have most of that Toy Box line. I just recently purchased the Portrait one too. The one of your niece is pretty! I love the colors and all the different pieces down the side. We had rain and flurries yesterday. It was SO windy too!Winter just doesn't want to let go!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is absolutely adorable! I think you probably need to go back and get some more Toybox, it suits that little face so well!

    Not that I don't love the other layout too, because I do! The colours are gorgeous - and I think a bit like this month's Counterfeit Kit choice? If you have any more you have a head start this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE both of your layouts Jennifer. And I absolutely LOVE the NEW Crate Paper Toy Box collection too, your layout using Liz's sketch is fabulous girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous layout...I am thinking I "need" some Crate Paper Toy Box:-) I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work is just amazing Jennifer, love what you have done with this weeks sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Jennifer. I love your LO for The Scrappiest. Fabbo job with the sketch !!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...