Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sure Signs of Spring

Spring is definitely upon us!  Yay for that and good-bye winter!!   The signs of spring are springing up all over the place...

around the house...


on the blog...

love me some flowers in the header for the warm season.  I also wanted a warm colour.  Good-bye blue!!

But.... one of the sure signs of spring is when I put a butterfly banner on a LO!  Nothing says spring like stringing up butterflies by their wings!!  hee hee  I did it last year and found myself doing it again today.

 Here is my second LO made with my counterfeit kit.  I love the busy piece of BG paper from the "Urban Prairie" collection.  I also used some paper from Echo Park's "A Good Life".  I was super excited to realize that I actually had a piece of card stock to match this palette.  I don't use much card stock but am challenging myself to pick up a couple of sheets each time I pop into the LSS to get a supply on hand.  I wanted this LO to be somewhat clean and simple and card stock always helps this goal along.



Here is the sketch I used by Jana Eubank.


Hope spring is in all of your backyards too!!   Create something with butterflies!!  :)

 Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

25 comments:

  1. Jennifer I love it! I love the colors and you doing the photo in black/white makes it pop! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great, love your string of butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! The butterfly banner is great - especially with those little flowers in between.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the butterflies for the banner! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like the garland and your embellie clusters. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just simply beautiful! The colors are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout! What punch did you use for the butterflies? I love how you did this banner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen. It's great - and I'm totally loving that you're using more cardstock because of the counterfeit kits. I'm using more patterned papers! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your butterfly banner! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love the banner out of butterflies. I think I am going to take on your ways and start using sketches. You just seem to get so much done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my... this is FABULOUS and FANTASTIC!!!!!! (FANTABULOUS!!!!!) I love it! and that baby is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous. Love that you used butterflies as a banner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a great blog makeover , Jenn ! just beautiful the feel ! & so is your layout ! love the butterfly banner too !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the papers and I love that you captured that moment! The flower "O" in the title is nice too! Love the close up spring pictures on you header. Bye bye winter blues!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The banner of butterflies is too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful LO!! I love Jana's sketches, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the butterfly banner! Yes, I think I'll create something with butterflies this very afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm loving the spring colours and the butterflies! OK...that's it...I think I need to go dig into my counterfeit kit!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how you made a banner with the butterflies! The colors are so pretty and perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the butterfly banner - what an adorable photo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am going to make a butterfly banner....stunning take on Jana's sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that butterfly banner! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...