Friday, May 13, 2011

Counterfeit Kit LO #1

I totally love scrapping from a kit, even if it is a kit that I made up myself.  I have been wanting to scrap this photo of this Red-winged Blackbird for about a year now.  I could never decide on which papers to use.  Once again, just looking at my kit, I knew I had a perfect colour combination!


I am excited to have this bird documented in my "Bird Album" because this is the songbird that I am seeing most frequently these days.   There are so many of them out at my slough.  They hang out near water and actually nest down low in the Cat's Tails.  They have a very distinctive call.  My photo is of a male.  The females are a plain brown colour.

I based my LO on a sketch from my newest scrappy book!!

 I love Becky Fleck's sketches and so much of the book is her work.  Lots of inspiration there.  I'm sure that I will be doing many of her sketches in the near future.

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

15 comments:

  1. Oh Jennifer what a pretty bird and layout too. I like the colors you used and the little details. I agree that book is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I like the little touches of red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an amazing stash of goodies!!! This is such a pretty LO! I love all that you used.. perfect for the photo. I too like the little pops of red to go with your bird.
    I have been seeing lot of those now here, too!! Oh, and the coyote was right on the edge of my backyard about 8:30a yesterday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally perfect colour combo for that photo Jennifer, love all the clean layering you have done here too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great collage of papers and I love the title alpha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design ! I gotta make use of my brads more ! thanks for the inspo , hun ! & what a great pic of this song bird !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it. Love the use of the red brads on the scalloped border, love the little upside own banner bits, and especially loive the corrogated title.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply beautiful Jen! I love the colours and that gorgeous photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything on that page works together - nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is beautiful! I love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so fresh and clean and yet so perfectly detailed too - beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this. I love the colors and the embellishments and everything!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The touches of red/orange are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This layout is just beautiful-and I love Becky's Sketches, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Smart stylish stunning page - and a great photo too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...