Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Day Full of Nature

I am happy to report that my camera seems to be up and running in fine order!  A quick adjustment at the camera shop seems to have remedied my problem.  It has already been sent back to Nikon twice and I was starting to think that it would never work properly again.  So it didn't take me long to start shooting some photos.

Rob and I set up all our annual flowers yesterday.








So after I took these photos it was off to the slough to get some pictures of our wildlife.  Rob helped with these shots and got some wonderful results.



Male Red-winged Blackbird


Female Red-winged Blackbird


Female Canadian Goose sitting on nest.  Some random duck keeping her company.  Maybe nesting too??


Male Canadian Goose.  This little guy works hard all day guarding the entire pond.  


Sadly, we think this is a goose egg that has been stolen and eaten.


Red-Necked Grebes.  Female is sitting on nest.  These are the loudest creatures!! Lisa says they have a "Snookie cry".  hee hee  Lisa doesn't quite enjoy the sounds of nature as much as me and Rob. ;) It alsmost looks like the nest is floating but it is secured to vegetation just under the water surface.


This trio is known as Lesser Scaup.  The males are the darker ones and the female is brown.


I can't leave without sharing a photo of "Gutsy Lady".  She is totally enjoying this new outdoor world that I really don't think she ever knew existed.  Susan has given me an embellishment that reads "Gutsy Lady" and I plan on doing a LO to document her social improvement. 


I might scrap tonight unless my knitting calls me away.  I am one and a half cloths away from finishing my project and then I am on to my red sampler.

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen  :)




4 comments:

  1. Nice nature shots and such a nice photo of Lady! I knit a bit today too. Tried a scarf pattern with the wool Chris gave me for Mother`s Day but it just wasn`t working out for me. My knitting skills aren`t up to par yet for the pattern. :-( I switched to making some dishcloths. You can practically do these with your eyes closed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! The goslings have hatched up here. We have 5 ponds in our developement. Several nights back when the weather was better, Greg and i went walking. I wish I would have taken my camera with me. We were watching the geese at one of the ponds and three of them came in for a landing in that pond.. so cool to watch. That would of been a cool shot! That random duck in that photo looks like a Mallard. We have those swimming in our ponds too. Would love to get the finches at the feeder. They are so hard to catch. Waiting for a nice day to get some photos of our flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow ! i missed these fab pics for some reason .

    Great to see your beautiful weather right now ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a working camera! Once again, I am in awe of your knowledge of birds. And I'm loving the flowers - especially the fuschias and dahlias! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...