Friday, May 6, 2011

My May Counterfeit Kit

Today I can share my counterfeit kit!!  This month we are counterfeiting this kit by Work in Progress.


Here is my kit and what I had to say about it.




"When I saw the kit that we were counterfeiting this month, I was so excited.  The Pink Paislee "Hometown" papers, featured in the original kit, have been calling my name to buy them.  Now I don't have to!  hee hee

My kit started off with two of the Basic Grey papers from the original kit, that I had in my stash.  I then tried to match each paper from the original kit to find the same colours and size of pattern.  Jillibean Soup just came to mind as having a similar vibe.  Luckily, I have a whole stash of a variety of the Jillibean lines,  that I had picked up in the sale bin.  After raiding my Jillibean stash, I added some papers from other manufacturers.  I added a few extra sheets of patterned paper, as well as card stock, to my kit.  I love to layer, so I tend to go through lots of paper.

I made a set of alphas with my Cricut, using  a piece of Jillibean paper that had a text print on it. I also made shipping tags with my Cricut.  I made flowers and butterfly embellishments by fancy cutting some patterned paper and sewing on buttons or adding brads.  

My kit includes lots of tags and die cuts.  I also included an assortment of buttons, as they are a staple for my LO's.  I have some floss for hand stitching too!

I can't wait to start creating with this vibrant and  whimsical kit!! 


We also had the chance to make a "Boys Add-on" kit.  Here is mine!

"I have two very special little men who I love to scrap, so a "Boys" Add-on Kit was perfect for me!  I wanted to put a lot of paper in my add-on in order to stretch the use of my main kit.  I added the colours blue and teal.  I then found another sheet of yellow paper that matched the yellow in the main kit.  I included a die cut shaped paper to add some interest.  I then looked for more basic papers that would help balance the busy and colourful prints  in the main kit.  These basic papers would also be useful for a background sheet or for matting a photo.

I raided my stash for boy themed goodies and found lots of treasure!  Now I can put a masculine spin on some of my creations. 



Hope you get a chance to play along this month!!  It is sooooo much fun and a terrific way to use up the stash!!


Here is a list of the patterned papers that I used  in each kit.


May Main Kit:
Jillibean:  Pasta Fagio/ Meatballs
Basic Grey:  Life of the Party/ How You've Grown
Jillibean:  Old World Cabbage Stew/ Spring Onions
Jillibean:  Old World Cabbage Stew/ Head of Cabbage
Jillibean:  Grandma's Christmas Soup/ Chives
Jillibean:  Grandma's Christmas Soup/ Can Beef Consomme
Basic Grey:  Life of the Party/ Confetti Cake
Jillibean:   Pasta Fagioli/ Romano Cheese
Jillibean:  Minestrone/ Elbow Macaroni
American Craft:  Heat Wave/ Bodacious Banana
My Little Shoebox:  Sugar High/ Paper 3 
My Little Shoebox:  Turtles & Trees/ What's the Hurry


"Boys Add-on" Kit:
October Afternoon:  Road Map/ Sundowner Motel
Jillibean:  New England Chowder/ Butter
Webster's Pages:  Your Life Beautiful
Basic Grey:  Basics/ Lexicon
Jillibean:  Alphabet Soup/ Hot Water
October Afternoon:  Report Card/ Field trip
My Little Shoebox:  Summer Breeze/ Cotton Field
Basic Grey:  Basics/ Jargon
The diecut is from Doodle Bug called "Welcome Home"


On an unrelated non scrappy note, just wanted to give a quick update on my "slough".  I am enjoying this little pond of water so much that I almost am inclined to call it a lake. ;)  It has come alive with nature and the sounds that are constantly present are music to my ears!  I keep the windows opened as much a possible even when it is a bit chilly, just so I can hear it.


One of our neighbours in our complex is an amazing photographer of nature.  He has a gallery of photos from the slough.  If you are interested, you can view them here.  He is also planning on putting a book together that we can purchase!!  I am so excited!!


Happy Scrapping!!  Jen



7 comments:

  1. I like that your main kit seems a little bit more girlie than the original, but that you've then added a boy kit. More stash to bust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great stuff you've gathered. I especially like it when I see half-used sheets or packages of materials included. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gert job counterfeiting this month's kit. Your paper and color choices are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm not sure I get it Jen. What exactly are you doing with the kits?

    Isn't nature just amazing?

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been thinking and thinking about this kit and not really getting anywhere - but you have made a beautiful job of taking that brightness and turning it into a kit I can really see you using. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your kit it's so bright and inviting x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab way to put good stash to use yet again , grrll !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...