Thursday, May 19, 2011

Once Upon a Springtime Cards

Yesterday I played with some scraps of this fun Graphic 45 line.  The papers were so beautiful and the punch out tag sheet had so many lovely tags that allowed me to make these cards very quickly.  I love the fact that cards can let us display the beauty in many of the patterned papers out there.


The two large cards were based on this sketch.


I have officially finished off all of the cards needed for the entire year.  I am sad to report that there is barely a dent in my scrap paper collection.  I think I may start challenging myself to go through and try to make some LO's out of scraps.  I figure it will use up more paper.

  Next I will focus on special occasion cards such as Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving.  It may seem strange to be creating these cards so soon but, I find that if I leave it too close to the holiday, I don't get it done.

My next task will be to dig out my Christmas supplies.  I have about 60 cards to make.  Many will need to be mailed so I plan on keeping them very flat.  I don't want to pay extra postage and wait for each card to be individually weighed and measured during the holiday season.  Canada does not have flat rates like the USA.  The post office visit can be a very scientifically measured event!  hee hee

Wishing you some time to enjoy this beautiful season without too many mosquito bites.  It is bad here this year. :(

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

7 comments:

  1. These cards are all so nice! I love that card sketch and might use it as the base for my xmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are becoming a cardmaker of note Jennifer! These are all beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are beautiful!!! You have to make 60????? I don't make cards because I don't have anyone to send them to and you'll do 60??? WOW!!! Happy scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very pretty cards Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so so so very beautiful Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou for stopping by my blog Jennifer and for the blog love :).

    These cards are just gorgeous!!! I don't blame you making cards early either. I leave it to last minute and never get them done :(.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow! These are gorgeous! Where on earth did you get those pretty tags? I love them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...