Saturday, May 21, 2011

Red-necked Grebe

I'm back again today to share the LO I made using up scraps!  Nature LO's are one of my favourite things and once I get past the hurdle of choosing papers, it is a breeze.  The alphas are cut with the Cricut.  The flower base is a yo-yo flower that I made from a paper lunch bag.  I saw a blog post months ago saying that yo-yo flowers can be made with paper, so I gave it a go.  I crinkled the paper up so it was very soft and easier to cinch up. I like the organic look it gives to a nature LO.


This is the Red-necked Grebe.  He is still guarding his "wife" and baby eggs.  It will be fun when we get to see them hatched.

The sketch I used is by Liz Chidester.  It is for Sweet Peach Crop Shop.  I love Liz's sketches!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful layout!!! ove the colours and layering,great take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This LO turned out so nice. The yo-yo flower really is perfect for this one! And way to go with using up scraps. You are doing so well with staying away from the stores and just using up your stash. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous mix of patterns and layering!! Your embellies are awesome! Outdoor and nature layouts are some of my favorite as well! Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo ! you are so fast with this sketch !!! way to go with the scraps & using yr Cricut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a post about making them with water too, and I've been wondering how easy it is to make them look nice - you have shown me that it is completely possible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely! I often struggle to match papers to nature photos, but this one is great! Nice work, lady! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...