Monday, May 2, 2011

The Scrappiest #118

Liz has a new sketch up at The Scrappiest!  A fun sketch with lots of opportunity for embellishing.  Here it is.


I opted out of the star embellishments and decided on my all time favourite, flowers!  I picked up some of BG's beautiful "Bloomers" just for this LO and took out some more of my BG "Hello Luscious" papers. I used sewing stencils to sew the flourishes on the flowers.  The small CC doilies created the perfect picture border!  A bit of a busy LO but it definitely conveys a happy vibe.


I wanted to document that we passed Diane and Lisa's toy dollhouse onto "Sweetie".  Why?  You may ask.  Well this dollhouse was my favourite toy that the girls had! hee hee  I think I liked it more than they did.  My girls were never into any kind of doll as it was all about stuffed animals for them!  The dolls remained naked at the bottom of the toy box while the stuffies were dressed up and paraded around the neighbourhood in the doll carriage.  No surprise that when the dollhouse came one Christmas, the family was immediately evicted so that all the "Little Pet Shoppe" animals could move in. :(  Each night as I tidied up before bed, I would set up the dollhouse the way it was supposed to be only for the girls to wake up the next morning and put all the animals back in the house. hee hee  Not sure why I bothered?  I think I just enjoyed playing with the dollhouse. ;)  "Sweetie" is now enjoying this wonderful toy and I am happy to announce that he is now a big brother to a wonderful little sister!!  As I have promised my friend that I will not use the childrens' names on my blog we will refer to her as "Angel"  because that is exactly what she is.  I am sure you will be seeing lots of future LO's featuring this little one!  When we visited her in the hospital I got to snuggle her for the entire time and it was pure heaven for me!!!


I wanted to share this card that I made for Robert's birthday.  He is 50 years old today!!!  Happy Birthday Rob!!


It is so much fun going through my old scraps to put together cards!  Susan is coming over tomorrow for another full day of card making!!  Can't wait!

Wishing you all a wonderful day with some time left over to do something crafty!!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

12 comments:

  1. I love your LO - bright and fun. "Busy" is working for me! :) What a lovely story about your doll house, and I'm sure his beautiful little sister will grow to love it! Oh - and Happy Birthday, Rob! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well your take on the sketch it´s really so so pretty!!! That pics is ADORABLE and woow your card is GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your LO turned out really nice, Jen! Your story of setting up the dollhouse at night reminds me of how I used to organize the boys' Lego at night only for it to be dumped out and mixed up the next day. Don't know why I bothered!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your husband!!!! your "angel" is precious!!!!! That is great that you are able to depart from your children's treasures... I am sure the next generation will love it.
    Love your page and card and your stitching is fantastic, always perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout Jen. Have fun with your sis! Can't wait to see all the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous take with the BG Hello Luscious ! The stitching details are the perfect finishing touch ! & how precious is the new "Angel" ! woot ! more to scrap !

    & a very happy birthday to Rob too !!! & happy cardmaking with Susan !

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOve the story about the doll house. My middle is like that with her Am. Girl dolls. Still. The other two... quite the opposite. This is such a fun and pretty page!! I love all the bits you added and the little pops of red. Happy Birthday to Rob!!!! Have a great day today with Susan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the story of the dollhouse too. I am a big fan and I still have the one my Grandpa made for my mum, who then passed it on to me.

    Happy Birthday to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your layout is gorgeous Jennifer! 'Sweetie' is one lucky baby! :) I had to laugh at your story though. So funny! Happy birthday to Robert! What a milestone! Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Busy in a good way! Love the layout - all the layering and embellies. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful story about the Doll house. Great layout and beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great layout - love the stitching. What a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...