Monday, May 9, 2011

The Scrappiest #119

Hello bloggy friends!!  Another week has begun and so we have a new sketch to play with at The Scrappiest!



I cut into my Fancy Pants "It's the Little Things" line for this one!  I decided to use the name of the line for my title.  I love this "moment in time" photo of Robert teaching Diane how to file her taxes electronically.  I wanted to document that it is the little things that Rob does for us each day that shows how much he cares for his family.  I have hidden my journaling in the little envelope at the top.

I made the little banner at the top left!  I see that Kim uses these amazing little text banners from her favourite Etsy shop and I just love the look!  To mimic this look, I used some left over banner stickers from Jenni Bowlin.  I stuck them onto a vintage dictionary sheet and just cut around them to trim off the excess dictionary page.  It is a great way to use up those last banner stickers.  You get the perfect banner shape and it has a nice thickness to it.

Wishing you all a wonderful week with some time for scrapping!!  I'll leave you with a couple of photos of my favourite cat!  I took these a few weeks ago while Mo was having a weekend stay with his Granny.... me! ;)



Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful page! Lots of sweet little touches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this FP line ( tho' I didnt get it ! ) !

    Love the story behind the pic especially ! & what a fun tip with the text banner look ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's real nice! Nice candid photo in b & w.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you totally rock the pattern paper combo on this one Jennifer it is smokin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great LO! I like all the little touches of that nice red colour. I'm looking forward to using my "It's the Little Things" paper - but you know me, that could be a while!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout Jennifer! I love that you document the little things in life, which are actually the BIG things. Love your banner too.... and your fabourite cat. So adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous patterns and wonderful details!! Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beauty Jennifer. Your photos seem to pop and yet meld beautifully with the papers all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout. I love the colors of that FP line.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it - right down to the stitching holding on the letters.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...