Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Scrappiest #122

Hello bloggy friends!!  Here is my latest creation with The Scrappiest.   It is always more of a challenge to devote time to this passion of ours when the weather turns warm.  Our Canadian summer is so short that I try to squeeze in as much outdoor time as possible.  Anything that can be done out on my balcony (playing a board game, knitting or reading) is more of a chance to enjoy this warm season.  Now if only I could figure out how to scrap out there!!  hee hee  I can just envision my favourite papers blowing out into the slough!!  Here is the sketch. :)


I had a great time playing with a few new papers from the new MME line "Lime Twist".  I really tried to walk on past this lovely product at my LSS but the grey and gold mix just kept calling me back to drool over them.  Finally I gave in. MME has such amazing sticker sheets out!  They sure give you lots of bang for your buck and are great for layering.  They even have twine to go along with this line!!  I indulged in a few more skeins!!   Now I have grey and gold in my twine collection!!  Yes, I have enough twine for life!!

Here is little Thomas looking just as cute as ever, enjoying some Cheerios!!  I loved the balloon die cut and decided to give it some texture by stitching on it.  This unleashed my love of hand stitching and so a stitching I did go.


Wishing you all a wonderful week!!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

8 comments:

  1. Wow Jen how beautiful and sweet is your LO!!!!! Love it.And all the stitching is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't resist MME either...now you have the Lime Twist line calling my name. I love your take on the sketch...beautiful. Do you use the SEW EASY to get your stitches so evenly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's the grey twine I have my eye on too, you might have guessed that! Beautiful use of a colour palette I am absolutely loving at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely hear you on it being hard to scrap in the summer!! I have a hard time scrapping when the weather is nice too!! Hard to stay in and clean the house too!! LOL

    I LOVE that line too!!! I am hoping it comes in a kit sometime, as I need to be on a buying freeze and use my stash!!! Your page is just beautiful as always. I love the sewing on the balloon!!! I love the extra oomph it adds. That little Thomas is so darn cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable layout!!! The pictures are precious!! Just love the pop of orange and all of your stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the stitching here ! definitely a perfect finishing touch !

    & hooray for warm weather !!! make the most of it , my friend ! lol ! real life is lived offline I do believe ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, that kid's cute! :) I'm loving the teal and mustard combo! I agree - scrapping outdoors would be awesome. I once did a mini-album out on my deck, but it was definitely a challenge to keep my stuff together and not blowing away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This layout is super cute Jennifer!! I love the stitching and that paper range is awesome. Adorable pic! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...