Saturday, May 21, 2011

Using Up Scraps

My journey to use up my ever growing pile of paper scraps continues. {sigh}  When I saw Aphra's latest card here,  I had an immediate desire to play with my Cricut.  Not only is this card easy to make but, it uses up lots of paper!!  Yay!!!  It felt great to get some use out of the Cricut too. :)


Next I went through all my scraps and found papers that have a small print, suitable for making these layered flower cards.  I am thinking that I might make a load of them putting different sentiments on the tag.

Then,  to use up even more scraps, I pulled all papers that are suitable for nature LO's.  These photos always cause a challenge for me to scrap,  as a paper line never comes to mind easily.  Choosing a colour palette seems to work best.  Now I have a wonderful stash of paper scraps that I can go to!  And.... why wait.  I pulled these papers that will work for this cute photo of the Red-necked Grebe who lives in our pond.


Now I am off to look for a sketch!!  :)

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE those cards! This would be a great one to use for making up sets of cards to give to charity because they'd go together quickly. And like you said, different sentiments could be stamped on the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, a nature stash! That's smart! And I am loving these cards! I may just have to scraplift...I have cards I need to get to, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...