Monday, June 27, 2011

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop

Welcome to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog hop!  You likely have arrived here from Glinda's blog.

Our challenge for this hop was to create a LO about ourself and it had to have at least one "I" statement in it.  Yes, it was all about the "I".


I rarely scrap about myself so this was a great challenge to get me going!  My journaling reads, "I believe that the key to a happy existence is to always remember to live in the NOW."  I was really happy to have this documented as it is something that I strive to remind myself of on a daily basis.  Living in the past leads only to regret, guilt and resentment.  Living in the future leads only to worry.  Ahh, this is the one that gets me.  I am the queen of the "what if..." mind game.  So much so that DH says it really needs to be engraved on my headstone after I leave this earth. ;)  Living in the "now" is the perfect place to be!  Enjoy each moment of this day and make sure to stop to smell the roses along the way!  :)


This LO is based on another sketch by  Shimelle!


Before you hop along, just a quick share of the LO I created for the "Shape" Challenge using my counterfeit kit.  Once again,  here is the "Lovely Lady".  Yes, she is a beautiful disaster when she approaches needing to be groomed.


I used this sketch by Kristine Davidson of Creative Scrappers. I tend to gravitate toward sketches with a circular element.  I am actually trying to veer back to a more linear look, recently.


Thanks for stopping by.  Now hop on over to Bethany's blog to see what she has created!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

29 comments:

  1. Love your layout about YOU Jennifer! What a gorgeous pic of yourself and the living in the "now" is something I can relate to.
    Your doggy layout is very cute and yes, she is beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful journalling to go with the beautiful layout of yourself , hun ! & look at the Beautiful Disaster , Lady ! teehee ! love the white space in that design !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout and photo of you. I really like all the little pieces you put together on you layout. Oh and your doggy layout is really cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layouts, Jennifer. You do such nice layering on your pages - it's inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page about you Jennifer. I love your honest journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer I love both layouts. I like all the layering and the colors you choose! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your 'now' layout is so beautiful. I love the layering and especially the journaling. We should all keep that in mind. Cute layout of your beautiful disaster as well, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful layout! I love the quote and its message...important to remember! I love your mix of papers and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both layouts are beautiful! Love the quote on your "Now" layout - very important! I'm like you - I tend to borrow trouble, but I'm working on it and I see it in my daughter too. I think as women its in our DNA.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "beautiful disaster" hahahaha!

    Your "I" page is terrific - love the embellishment cluster and the papers. I'm printing the sketches for future use :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your layout is simply fantastic with the right embellies and `placed them perfect! The second one is gorgeous and I also love your design!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you used all patterned paper, with no cardstock! Just gorgeous!!! Both pages are stunning! Great take on the challenge, it is so important to stay in the now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - your Now page is perfect - just beautiful and I can really relate to the sentiment. That dog is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your layouts are awesome! I love all the elements or it! The shape layout is great too! your dog is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the layout you did on you...such a very pretty photo of you and yes...we need to remember to enjoy the process of life.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love both of these layouts. the layering and clustering is great and the story behind your "live in the now" message is great.

    super layouts

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just want to say how much I appreciated your post. It was a message that I needed to hear today so thank you. On top of that your layout is so beautiful. I love the way you clustered your elements.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very crisp clean and clean page. Love the lines and how you create such easy flow

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are both great layouts! I especially like the color/tone of the first one and the GREAT journaling.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jen, these are both awesome! I love the bright colours you chose for your "I" layout - so pretty! And - that title on your layout of Lady is awesome! I just love that! I can see a layout of my scraproom with that title - it's a beautiful (colourful!) disaster! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your 'I' page is stunning! I love the mix of all the different patterns you used! I have to fully agree with your statement, living in the now is the best place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome layouts. Love all the embellishments that you put on the pages. They fit together so wonderfully. Glad that the challenge made you do a page that you've wanted to document for a while. It's good to put a few pages about ourselves, I'm learning... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful layouts!!! I love how you've combined everything and your doggie is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are just gorgeous!! So glad I hopped!

    ReplyDelete
  25. First, let me tell you it is my first time visiting your blog and I think it is beautiful! Love the white background so easy to read and it looks fantastic! Then the LO is beautiful as well and I like that you include the sketches for everything. Great Idea!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely pix of you Jen and great layout - good for you to include some self portraits in your journal of life keepsake~~

    ReplyDelete
  27. Finally getting around to this hop after a stressful week - and so glad I did as I've found some awesome pages to admire. Love your take on the challenge and the way you've mixed up all those patterns, colours and textures so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...