Saturday, June 11, 2011

Having a Smashing Time

I have been having so much fun jumping on this new Smash craze.  I decided to play along with the challenge put out by The Counterfeit Kit Challenge and made my own book.  As I mentioned in a previous post, I bought a 6x6 inch AC album for $3.  I decided to use Crate's Emma's Shoppe for my covers and dividers.


My book has six sections to help this very random book have some kind of order.


For the pages within my book I chose a variety of papers mostly from my paper stash bought out of the sale bin.

Some pages are graphic and have lots of room for writing without using a journaling spot.



Some pages have lots of pattern.



Sometimes I stamped.



Sometimes I decorated with tags.



I went through my stash and gathered items to counterfeit what is being sold with the Smash books. I do have to confess to splurging on some washi tape!  But hey, I can get use out of this on LO's also. ;)  I will keep this stash close at hand in order to have some continuity in the look of the book.  I have also kept a small stash of Emma's Shoppe paper that I can make small embellishments with as I smash things into my book.


I have noticed that some people's pages in their Smash books are almost like a LO.  Lots of beauty and design.  My pages will be very random with things literally just smashed in.  I am going for the junky look.

Here is a peek at some of my first items smashed.


I am quickly gathering more.


I totally love this new take on an old idea!  I think it is the perfect place to save little bits and pieces that I love and that will be fun to look at in years to come.  I also love the fact that most of this project was done with supplies that I already owned.  Putting it together for myself has made it that much more personalized.  These handmade books would make terrific gifts for non scrapping friends.  It may just be the push they need to get scrapping.  :)  So... are you going to "smash" this summer?

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

11 comments:

  1. Love how you're taking to this Smash trend ,using what you mostly have! way to go ! Long as you're having fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having seen your smash book in person I can say it as AWESOME! You did a great job and I'm sure it'll be fun to start filling it with little mementos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a "smashing" job with your mini album. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great ideas here that I know I'll incorporate into mine. I put a lot of information in mine yesterday, and am loving how it's working out. Love those Emma's Shoppe papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, awesome! Great mini! Love those Emma's Shoppe papers too. Mind you, I love all of Crate's releases this season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely Jennifer - I love its perfect little size and those beautiful Emma's Shoppe papers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I am having fun with mine, I am sure you will too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no idea whata smash book is BUT I LOVE yours, its just fabulous, simple but the perfect embellies are pps.!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I like the look of this - must try it, even though I did get a Smash® book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous! I have been meaning for AGES to do something like this and you have totally inspired me!
    Lowri :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! It's lovely! I can't wait to see how it progresses! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...