Monday, June 6, 2011

June Counterfeit Kit Challenge

With a new month comes a new kit to counterfeit thanks to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge.  This month we are using a kit from Burlap and Buttercups.



  It was an easy lift for me, as I had many of the papers from the original kit.  (Hmm This tells me that I still spend too much time at the LSS.)  The papers are mainly from BG's Hello Luscious and MME's Stella and Rose.  I only had a few sheets left from each line, so it is a great way to use them up!

Here is my kit and add-on.



This month I have tried to stay truer to the original kit and refrain from pulling too much stuff.  I can always add as I go along, if needed.  I am also hoping to actually be patient and wait for the challenges.  I had so much fun doing them all last month when I was the guest designer.  Mind you, I am so excited about this line of goodies that they are already calling out my name to scrap with them.  hee hee  We'll see how strong I can be.

Some floral eye candy to share.



This arrangement is in the front of our unit.  I love these colours.  It is always fun to be able to experiment with different flowers when you are in a new location that faces a different direction!  I have pulled the plastic information sticks from this plant and plan on putting it in my Smash book along with a photo.


These lilacs are making my kitchen smell very fragrant!  Lilacs are my favourite flower.  First off,  I love the colour of them.  Secondly, the fragrance reminds me of walking to elementary school during the month of June and just feeling so excited that school was almost done.  There were many lilac bushes and trees on my route.  Funny how smells can bring back memories.  I picked these along a pathway belonging to our County.  I was so excited to have them.  In our last house I had two different neighbours who welcomed me to pick from their trees as much as I wanted!  I always felt a bit criminal as I pulled my lawn chair up to their trees to cut away!  ;)

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

22 comments:

  1. We have the International Lilac Fair here in May, you would love it!!! Although this year was the first year it had to close for two days due to rain. Love your kit choices, so lucky that you had some of the papers!!!! Love it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the kit. I can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - it looks like you had a ton of the original stuff! How fun is that!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kit is great! I also enjoyed your flower photos, very pretty! I love lilacs too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kit is very close to the original - so pretty! Beautiful flower photos, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh a girl after my own heart!! I LOVE lilacs!!! I have a dwarf Korean lilac tree in the front and 4 Miss Kim Lilac bushes in my back!! The one in the front when the windows are open, the fragrance just pours in the front window!! Smells SO GOOD!!! I have been known to sneak a few clippings from the lilac bushes at our local Dairy Queen! ;)

    I love the kit you put together!! You have the neatest stuff in your stash!!! It is fun seeing all of your kits you put together each month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it. LOVE it. Great kit

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful flowers alrite !!! Great kit as always you've put together again !! enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came to comment on the kit, but your flowers are so beautiful they made me forget all about the kit! Very, very pretty!!

    I also love all the embellishment your have in this kit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You came so close to the "real" thing. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your photos...so very pretty. Awesome kit you put together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your lilacs are gorgeous!

    And your kit would definitely work for me - I think it tweaks the original just enough to make it look fresh and very useable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the kit you put together! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You do have a lot of the same papers. Great kit and I can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how this came out! Even with some of the original papers, it still has your own unique look to it. Beautiful flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty kit, I like the tags with the birdies on, so sweet. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cant wait to see what you create using your kit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty, I wanted to reach in and scoop up all those buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous kit and stunning flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Impressive color contrast in the flowers. Your kiy lo oks great... Scary close....the add on kit looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome kit! Way to refrain from filling it up too much - that was my problem last time! Can't wait to see what you do with it. The flowers are gorgeous, too...absolutely lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...