Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Making Embellishments

Susan and I met yesterday for another day of crafty fun!  In our efforts to use up scraps of paper, we decided to make some embellishments.  It is always great to have some handmade ones ready to use.

Susan came prepared with a variety of handmade templates in the shape of clouds.  We traced and hand cut these.  I wonder when Cricut will come out with a cartridge with clouds.


Then we made a variety of flowers and some little flag banners using toothpicks.


Our most favourite flower to make was the pleated flower.  We used Susan's Martha Stewart score board and it was a breeze.  I finally caved and got one for myself!


Here is a tutorial on making these flowers using the board.

We are planning a few more embellishment making days and are planning on doing a giveaway together of some of these goodies.  Susan is even crocheting some of her wonderful little flowers for it!!  So stay tuned in the next few weeks so you can be in on the chance to win!  :)

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

6 comments:

  1. That board looks like a very useful piece of gadgetry. I could do with one!

    Very cute clouds

    ReplyDelete
  2. sigh.......I need one too now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've certainly been busy creating awesome embellies Jennifer!! Can't wait to see some of these on a layout. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my score board!!! It has been so handy!! Love your embellies!! If you lived closer, I would borrow you my clouds sizzix die. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! What a lovely way to spend an afternoon with a friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome! You are building up quite a stash! :) I forgot to comment on your lost mojo...I know that feeling! Especially now that it's nice out, it's so much nicer to be outside. I will come back, though! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...