Monday, June 20, 2011

The Scrappiest #125

It was another rainy day here in Alberta.  Well, it actually didn't rain all day long but, the showers have been so on and off throughout our days, that it is a risk in going too far from home.  Yesterday we were just about to leave for a walk with the pups when it started to pour yet again.  We decided to go anyway and it was such a great walk.  Nothing like the smell of a warm summer rain!  I am really glad that I invested in a good rain jacket last month. :)

So this rainy day gave me the perfect opportunity to hang out in my studio.  I didn't scrap a thing but I did a major reorganization.  I had a great time going through my stash.  This usually leads me to deciding that there is a better way of organizing things to maximize easy usage.  I also usually get some scrapping ideas as I am looking at supplies.  Things are looking spiffy!!

Today is the reveal of a new sketch at The scrappiest.


This sketch was great for scrapping some photos of the sweet goslings from our pond.  I used a mix of Sassafrass and Studio Calico.  I am loving the "Starters" that Sassafrass has out.   They sure add a new twist to the ordinary background paper.


Our family of geese have yet to return to our pond so I am thinking that they have moved on to a new location.  We have been missing them and are disappointed that we did not get to see them learning to fly.  It was so wonderful watching them grow each day and I am happy that I took many photos of them.  

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

9 comments:

  1. how beautiful!! i love the color scheme and the mix of patterns!! so bright and 'springy' :) Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the color combo here & those SF Starters pps are great & live up to their name ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that's a spiffy looking layout too! I love that word and I haven't heard it in a while, I'm going to try to fit it in a couple more times today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww what a sweet and adorable layout you created!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering when we would see them on a layout...Love your choice of papers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're gone already?? :-( Great LO, nice mix of papers. I like the title and the use of the washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely wonderful! Your paper colors are a perfect match for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen, I just love what you did here!! It is perfect!! Our two goose families haven't been around either.

    Weather here as been terrible. Tons of rain. I think we need to send all this rain down south to Texas, N. Mexico, Arizona and put an end to the wild fires!! There is so much flooding here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...