Sunday, July 10, 2011

"2 Days Old" and Counting Albums

I decided to play along today with Sketch Inspiration's newest sketch.  A LO for my friend of her sweet baby girl!


I used Echo Park's "Countyside" collection.   Love the vintage feel of these papers.  Just perfect for a baby girl.  Here's the sketch!


So I will happily be passing this LO along to my friend.  Why so happily, you may ask?  I finally decided to move my albums out of my studio as I was totally out of shelf space and actually had two homeless albums.  Ikea to the rescue with these very affordable shelves that sit in our family room in the basement.


I counted and came to the realization that I have 30- 12x12 inch albums and 19- 8.5x11 albums.  Eeeek!  Where does this insane addiction of mine stop??  What will my life be like as an old lady?  I picture myself in a small room in the old folks home totally surrounded by albums.  When I told Diane how concerned I was about my album count she asked me if I would be able to get rid of some of them.  What????  I guess she really doesn't get this hobby of mine.  That would be like her throwing out a Coach purse!!  ;)  So the idea of scrapping gifts to give away is sounding really good.  On the up side, I have counted about 6 cubbies to fill in my unit.  6 cubbies x 5 albums a cubby = lots more scrapping! hee hee  And... the beauty of Ikea shelving units is that they all build onto each other and expand.  Needless to say, I see an album purging intervention in my golden years.

I'd love to hear where you all store your albums and how high your count is.  Please tell me I am not alone!!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

7 comments:

  1. I am not sure what my count is, but I have quite a few and need quite a few!! LOL I have 6 scrap boxes from Michael's FULL of LO's. Right now they are in my expedit in my scrap space and up in my Entertainment center. My albums used to fit a whole years worth of LO's in them... years ago. Not anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little baby girl layout. I actually had a closet renovated with shelves to hold albums! (And that's about all it's for). It's on my side bar on my blog if you'd like to check it out. Light tight too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely LO. Did you use Girls' Paperie packaging for one of the flower layers? Very cool if that's what it is. I also like the stitching through part of the title. The shelves look great. Looks like you took Treasured Memories' store logo to heart - Scrapbook Like You Mean It!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my ! great organization with the Ikea shelves ! same problem here too tho' but I dont even have as many albums bought yet . ;(

    Love the EP Countryside layout here - do submit it to EP on their blog will yer ! I'm sure they will feature it there !

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooo I love your mix of pp in that baby layout it is just soooo delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those Expedit bookshelves! Cliff and I want the tallest one, but it wouldn't fit in our car this weekend when we were there! This layout is gorgeous! What a cutie! :) I absolutely LOVE those flowers - did you make them yourself? By the way, the embellies came and they are so freakin' fantastic! I love them! There will be a blog post to come...right now I'm having card-reader issues which is keeping me from posting...I've bought two different ones in the last week and neither is working...so hopefully there will be more posts to come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...that is a lot of albums...which means stacks of layouts. I can see you will be a great gran...just look at that lovely layout;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...