Friday, July 29, 2011

Crafty Update

There is something so exciting about preparing for a cross-stitch project.  This is what I have been busy doing today.  It has been a long time since I last shopped for embroidery floss and it still held the same thrill for me!


I am preparing to begin stitching this sampler.  (Yes, I am happy to announce that I have officially finished off my red sampler. )


This sampler holds a sentimental memory behind it.  When Rob and I went to Victoria in the fall of 2009, we accidentally stumbled upon an amazing little cross-stitching shop.  These shops are so few these days as this amazing hobby seems to be sadly fading away.  There was boxes and boxes of individual patterns for sale.  I decided on this one as the sentiment, "A little house, a little tree, A neighbourhood for you and me" seemed perfect.  We had just signed the papers to purchase the condo that was yet to be built.   I am looking forward to stitching it up and having it up somewhere in this home.   We have been here for almost a year now and it is finally starting to feel like home.  I never leave one place easily and seem to struggle to adjust to my new nest. ;)

In other crafty news, I am having fun working on this scarf.


I was really wanting to give this new pom-pom style wool a go!  It is really fun to work with.  You only knit with the small string in between the pom-poms.  It knits up quite quickly but I am still trying to figure out how I will be weaving the ends in??  Once completed, this scarf will be put in with the woolies for charity.  I am thinking that a little preteen girl will enjoy sporting this winter woolie.

I have also been enjoying some scrappy bargain hunting.  With the new CHA releases around the corner, there seems to be lots on sale at the local stores.  Susan and I are so excited to be going to an invitation only sale at the LSS this Sunday.  The entire store is 40% off.  I am hoping to stock up on adhesives, cardstock and Thickers!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

8 comments:

  1. That floss looks so yummy! I know exactly what you mean about the excitement of preparing for a new project. As for the pom-pom wool, I'll try to find you an answer online about how to weave in the ends - I can't even imagine how to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to cross stitch all the time...but have been working on a cross stitch of the "Last Supper" now for years...still have to do the pettit point on the faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dug out a stitchery project I started ages ago. Thinking of puttering with that a little. I will have to photo it and put it on my blog. I love the colors of the floss. Actually, this still doesn't feel like home here and I have been here almost 7 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, you are giving me itchy fingers! You and I would have lots to talk about, wouldn't a crafty shopping trip together be a lot of fun? I love the look of that sampler, anything with a house motif is always a winner with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you get excited abt a new cross stitch project ! indeed I have abandoned it for now! ;( lol

    & that pom pom style wool looks so cuddly ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember what it used to feel like to buy embroidery thread for a new project Jennifer. I haven't done any cross stitching for years now, but kept all my threads, etc. Would love to see your finished work. :)
    Love the scrarf too. Very interesting.
    Hope you find lots of bargains at your LSS and have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I´ve to say I feel extremely jealous!!!!! my friend.Cross stitch was my passion before scrapbooking and I´ve to left it because of a severe bursithis. I miss it so much..... Enjoy your new project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great, Jen! I love that you are blogging about your other creative hobbies, too. I've been crocheting - mostly just little flowers, etc. - and I just love it. I can't wait to see how your sampler comes along! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...