Monday, July 4, 2011

The Embellished Paper Doily

Susan and I met early this week for our crafty day.  We are onto a new project..... The Embellished Paper Doily.  Last summer, Christine Middlecamp posted a 16 part tutorial on her blog.  You can see the tutorials here.  When Susan came upon this project she asked me if I was interested and was I ever.  I know that this is the type of project that I would never attempt by myself.  I would see it as too long and finicky and it would cause me to get on another crazy tangent.

 Working on this project with Susan is so much fun.  We only work on it together.  Before we meet, we both gather all of the supplies that we think may work for the doilies we will be working on.  We then go through and share stuff and decide on what is best for each of us.  We have decided to follow Christine's example as closely as we can.  I am afraid that if I start changing up colours it might get away from me and end in a disappointing result.  So far, we have been lucky enough to have found many of the original papers in our stashes!

Here are the first three doilies that we completed today.  We have not yet adhered the doilies to the background squares or inked these squares, in case we decide to change things up upon putting the doilies into the shadow box.






The layering that Christine puts into these doilies is just amazing!  I am hoping that these tutorials will teach me a few more embellishing tricks to use on my LO's.  Christine is such a talented lady and we are so appreciative that she put so much time and detail into this project.

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Just gorgeous, Jen! I can't wait to see your progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you mades such amazing doilies embellies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great, Jen! It was so much fun and I can't wait until next week to make the next three.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful, Jen!! You and your sis did a great job with these!!! I can't wait to see the next ones. I think I may have to try and make some of these too!!! Need to pick up more doilies, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are beautiful! I can't wait to see the next ones either. I was lucky enough to receive a gift of another packet of doilies this week, all the way from New York, so you might see a few more examples popping up on my blog too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice ! very nice ! you sure are making good progress ! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...