Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Great Card Idea

Just a quick post to share this great card idea!  This is the card that Susan made for me for my birthday.


The button front was made by taking the entire pack of buttons from Doodlebug.  They come sewn onto this white card when you buy them!  What a terrific card idea to give to a scrappy friend.  The card is actually a gift also because once you have finished admiring the card, you get to use all of these delicious buttons!!  These are my favourite buttons at the moment.  Susan found this idea in a card magazine!

I was thinking that it might also be fun to make a similar card using some favourite buttons from your own stash.  You could just choose a pretty assortment and sew them onto a piece of card stock!  A scrappy friend would be touched to receive such a card!

Notice the sweet flowers surrounding the card.  Susan has crocheted for me an assortment of flowers in different colours!!  I can't wait to use them.  :)

Onto CHA stuff. It sure has been fun following all of the sneaks before CHA and photos that people have shared of the show.  I am keeping a limited wish list as I am hoping to keep my scrappy spending in control.  I started off strong last CHA but weakened after some time.  :(  This time round, I am putting myself on a monthly budget.  This just may do the trick!  I hate the overwhelmed feeling I get when I have too much stuff.

I have to say that I think that Crate Paper has totally hit the nail on the nose once again!  Their three new lines just have me drooling!

Farmhouse

Random


I know that the last thing I need in my stash is another Christmas line but..... I have decided on the purchase of only one Christmas line and this is it!  These papers could be used for so much more than just Christmas too.

Peppermint


Echo park has me really wanting this.  It is kind of like "For the Record".


Pink Paislee has some amazing papers in this line.  It has a real Studio Calico vibe to me.


One last thing that caught my eye was these beautiful die cuts from Jenni Bowlin.

Oh it is so hard to be strong!  ;)  So what's on your scrappy wish list?

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

9 comments:

  1. You and I have some of the same things on our wish list. The two CP lines - Farmhouse and Random are on my list too!!! I love the Pink Paislee papers!! And the floral die cuts.. love those!!!

    Happy Birthday!!! What a great card and clever idea!!! I will have to keep that in mind. I have a few scrappy friends with birthdays coming. One in particular doesn't need any buttons at all!!! She has HUGE jars, atleast 3 of them FULL!! I will have to come up with something else to do. But, I love the idea!! Hope your day was wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea, Susan! What a great card! Jen, I haven't been keeping up with the CHA releases...so I'm just going to go with what you picked out. That stuff looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cure card, great way to use some buttons up! Looks like your shopping list is the same as mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really a great idea! I loved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agreed with your CHA picks last time round - and you have done it again. I love what you have chosen!

    That's a wonderful card idea. And a Happy Birthday! (Maybe we share, there was one round here recently too..)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Fun idea! I have my eye on the new American Crafts line by Amy Tan and the Pebbles line called Fresh Goods.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you soooooooooo much for that tutorial in the previous post Its always fab to see how others create!!! Oh and how delish and stylish is this card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! Loved the card idea and I'm not even letting myself have a wish list (but CP would be top if I did!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeah ! those Doodlebug buttons are too cute & what a great card idea with them !
    Ohhhh ! I misssed your birthday !!! Trust you had a fab one that you deserve !!!

    Loving the look ofthat white JB flowers too !
    & admittedly my eye is naturally attracted to the colors of the CP Random & the PP Nantucket but I know I really shouldnt make space for them ! ack ! I just bought a whole bunch of MME Lime Twist & EP Playground . lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...