Monday, July 18, 2011

A New Sketch Today

The new sketch is up at The Scrappiest.  Hope you are feeling in a circular kind of mood!  I decided to scrap one of my favourite photos of little Thomas.  This sketch just cries out to scrap children, birthdays or beach themes!  Well... in my mind anyway. ;)


This amazing photo was taken by Thomas's Auntie Carolyn.  She has an amazing talent.  I love this shot taken from behind.  Here is the sketch.


I used October Afternoon on this LO.  It is a terrific sketch to use up those small paper pads.  I cut the title from a sheet of patterned paper.  Julie Bonner did this on a LO last year and I loved the look of it.  I was just waiting for the right photo to use this title on!

Wishing you all a wonderful summer day with something crafty planned!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

5 comments:

  1. I love the vibrant primary colours in this with all that white space behind. Those OA papers were perfect for the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ! that's a lotta circles in a sketch by Liz ! but fun nevertheless ! Love your OA take with it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, this LO reminds me of one that I tried to do but yours is SO MUCH BETTER! I couldn't figure out what was wrong with mine, and after looking at yours, I think mine needs a neutral or at least a plain cardstock background! Yay! Maybe I can get into my craft room today to fix it...if I do, I'll link back to this post! Thanks for the inspiration! OH! And speaking of inspiration...Adrienne and I were talking about you and your talent with adding little bits and bobs and doodads to your layouts while we were at a crop on Saturday. I just love how they always look perfectly scattered on your pages! They always have a balanced-but-random look and I just can't seem to duplicate it! Any chance you could do a tutorial? Pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous...beautiful photo and I love the vibrancy of the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...