Friday, July 1, 2011

"Olivia" Baby Album

I have been busy making an 8"x8" baby album for my friend's little daughter.  I always find these albums a bit of a challenge because it is scrapping with no photos.  Once I put all of the matting on the LO, there really isn't much room for design or embellishing. :(  I decided to keep this very simple and stick with the same basic design for each LO.  This is the first time I did this and I have to say that it made it a much easier project.  I had very little paper wastage and I find that the album has a more cohesive feel.  I even used the same border punch throughout.  I was lucky enough to pick up the AC naked  album for $6 at HomeSense.  All of the BG "Olivia" paper came out of the sale bin for 25 cents a sheet!  Love me a good scrappy bargain.

Here is the album front that I decorated.  I kept it free of lumpy embellishments so that it could be easily stored on a bookshelf.


Here are the pages.











I put this little journaling card in the inside cover so my friend could put her own message to her daughter.


I used my favourite card stamp and signed the album to personalize the gift a bit.


Now it is ready for my friend to fill with her favourite photos.  I left lots of room for her to journal her memories.

On a side note, Susan and I have just discovered the best inking tool through Shimelle's blog.  Does everyone else know about this???


 We may have just been hiding under a rock some place!  ;)  I am just loving how it helps me blend my distress ink.  I have been having a great old time inking away with ease.  I usually shy away from inking because it seemed too heavy and not blended.  Just thought I'd share this info incase some of you all have been hiding under a rock too!  hee hee

Before I go, I'd like to wish all of my fellow Canadians a....




Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

10 comments:

  1. Happy Canada Day!

    I love your baby album...and the way you have drawn everything together with the same style throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your album is gorgeous!! YOur friend is going to LOVE it!!! What a special keepsake for her!!

    I have one of those inking tools. I have had it for a little while! ;) I have about 4 or 5 of Tim Holtz's inks. Did you get the craft mat, so you can blend colors and such?? If not, you should!! http://www.rangerink.com/products/prod_inkssentials_craftsheet.htm You can have lots of fun with inks and such with this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely album and now I understand how it came together so quickly by using the same page design. Good idea and it does give it a really cohesive feel. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet album you created my friend,so very pretty too.Of course I know this tool and I love it!!!! thanks for letting us know!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Canada Day to one of my fave Canadian scrapper pal ! lol !

    & yeah ! this album turned out perfect ! keeping it simple always works !!! What a well received gift this must surely be !


    & woo to the hoo on discovering that ink blending tool ! mine is worn out already ! teehee ! it's especially good over masks ! so go you !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a great Canada Day!

    The album is so pretty, it will make a perfect gift. And I know I've said it before - but we definitely don't get scrappy bargains like that over here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOO this is just so sweet your friend is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your friend is going to love love love her baby album - you know me tho, I love mini albums - that one is super cute. Because you need more than one of blending tool (for each of your ink colors) - I use my 40% off coupon at Michaels and buy the extra pack of sponges or my cyber buddy Lollychops.com sells homemade ones from her etsy store!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it, Jen! And I am inspired...I have that same album (picked up on clearance at Winners) And it's making me secretly hope that my sister's new baby will be a girl! I think I'm going to take a page out of your book and go for similar page styles. Oh, and I meant to ask: what scrapbooking stores in Edmonton should I hit when I'm there this weekend? We're going to see Jerry Seinfeld! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jen, I just got some supplies to make a couple of these! I'm planning to use your pages as "sketches". I'll post when I'm done! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...