Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Two Days of Doily Fun

Susan and I spent two days working on doilies for Christine Middlecamp's Embellished Paper Doily project.  We are totally enjoying this!  Each doily is so unique and has such a different process of creation.  The doilies are definately getting to be more challenging as we proceed.  I feel that I am learning new techniques for layering and have been inspired to use products that I normally don't gravitate towards.  We are still staying as close as we can to Christine's original creations.  It is such a thrill when we find product in our stashes that Christine used on her doilies.

Here are my latest creations or should I say recreations. ;)






When Susan came over, she brought me a "button care package".  My button stash is looking good.  Check out  all this yumminess!


Before going I just wanted to share a few more items on my Summer CHA wish list.

I love the detail in these buttons from Crate paper.


The next best thing to having an old typewriter.

I love October Afternoon.  These vintage images are so cute!


Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

9 comments:

  1. Great doilies! It was so much fun!! I am DROOLING over those CP buttons! Seems like an absolute must-have. And I'm loving those CC word strips! Those would probably have come in handy for the doilies!! Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo yeah ! so inspiring this doily project is looking !

    & yeah ! oh your wish list ! hear , hear on the CC tiny text ! now why didnt anyone think of them earlier ! lol hoping to focus more on acquiring embellies more than anything else this particular CHA !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo those doilies are just toooooo GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! I love em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the doilies - little works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it all, your details are fabulous! I am crazy about doilies too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The doilies look beautiful Jennifer!! Lol! My wishlist is growing by the day too.
    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful doilies...you are such an inspiration when it comes to making home made embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! Yum yum YUM! These are stunning, Jen! I love the layering and the delicate little details! Are you using the whole doily? Or cutting out the backs? Maybe I'm just cheap, but in my head I'm thinking of all the cards one could make with the smaller doily centers. Did Susan post about these as well? I think I missed it - I better go see. I can't wait for your next doily reveal! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...