Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Another Kit

I got some happy mail on Tuesday, this month's Studio Calico kit, "Boardwalk".  It is even better than I had expected.  When revealing the "other side" of the papers, I regretted not ordering the extra patterned paper.  I went through the stash and pulled some other papers that went with the kit and then looked for sketches with less paper layering.  Problem solved!  :)

This LO is based on a LO by Julie Bonner.  You can see Julie's creation here.  I love this photo of me and Susan.  We have a photo of us taken on this same bench last year.


I think these two patterned papers are my favourites in the kit.  I used the transparancy film that came with the circular stamp and used it as is.  Items from Crate's "Emma's Shoppe" and Fancy Pant's "It's the Little Things" went really well with this palette.  I have really been doing lots of machine sewing as of late.  If I keep this up I'll have to rename "Dusty".  Yes, my sewing machine has a name.  Is that weird? ;)

There is a definite story behind this next photo.  Just before this photo was snapped, I made the comment that I always look huge when I get my picture taken with Diane and Lisa.  They are skinny little cute girlies!!  ;)  So I said to the girls to squish in a bit to cover me up a bit.  This is them helping me!  Am I even in this picture??  I love the looks on their faces as they crack themselves up.  Silly girls!!


I used the circular stamp to create a frame for the circular embellishments.  I think I need to invest in some Stazon ink for a crisper image.  My black ink looks grey.

I used this sketch from the My Mind's Eye blog.


That's all for today!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

6 comments:

  1. ooo totally lovin the stitching through the letters again on that last layout, and the first one is just lovely, goryg photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful girls! Your colour combinations are always so inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  3. More beautiful pages!!! Holy cow! YOu are on a roll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen,both layouts are so very pretty.I was signed to Studio Calico but I left it some months ago,and now I want it again LOL!!!
    Love your take on MME sketch,it´s awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! This looks like a great kit! I noticed more machine stitching on your post last week, but I just assumed that it was pre-stitched paper! LOL I think it's awesome that you've named your sewing machine...maybe I should do the same! I also hear you on the "looking big" thing. Whenever I can, I strategically pose semi-behind my friends for just that reason! LOL I love that pic - it's too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layout based on the MME sketch is beautiful...love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...